Forums

Chess960

Sort:
Rael

It's odd and funky, Chess_Cake - try dragging your king onto your rook and see what happens! Lots of fun...

raphs

awesome

chess_cake

great, Thanks Rael

ilikeflags

playing my first game now.  not sure it's tickling my fancy.  probably can't be bothered but i see why people would like it.

DOSgamer

please help a newby. i must be missing the obvious but i cannot find an explanation of chess960. what it is? how to sign up?

BananaAl
DOSgamer wrote:

please help a newby. i must be missing the obvious but i cannot find an explanation of chess960. what it is? how to sign up?

chess960 is simple you just play normal rules but the back rank peices are mixed. The way you start a game is also easy you go on online chess (or go on the person you would like to challenge) write the name of the person you would like to play or you could just verse a random person. Then it says game type and change it to chess960. Laughing

sstteevveenn

Verse is not a verb.  Sealed

ochestnut

RULES:

[1] Castling OO or OOO sends the king & rook to the same squares it does in traditional chess. Could not be simpler.

[2] The two white bishops must start on different shade squares (one on light, the other on dark).

[3] The  white king must start between the two white rooks.

[4] Black's setup must mirror White's setup; so for example if the white king starts on f1 the black king must start on f8.

GeneM , http://www.CastleLong.com/

ochestnut

Also, regarding FEN for chess960, I believe that the following three tags are needed and are correct, except for one problem:

[Variant "Chess960"]
[SetUp "1"]
[FEN "bnrkqbnr/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/BNRKQBNR w KQkq - 0 1"]

The "KQkq" should be "CHch" (the starting columns of the as yet unmoved rooks).
The KQkq is good enough for the start of the game, but is insufficient for describing midgame positions.

Boullung

I can't find this ... could please somebody send me a challenge, wanna try this ^^

thanks

raphs

Great, thanks for your help