Forums

Deepest Sympathies to Kohai

Sort:
deepOzzzie

It is the chess.com community that makes the site great. Not the features, not the chess but the people within the site. :D So when one is hurting Julie the community will be there to support them through thick and thin. Even though it may not be in person. The support is always there. :D

kenneth67

My sincere condolences Kohai. I wish you strength and courage at this time. Thank you for being a star and always there to help.

CabassoG

I am saddened to hear about this. Condolences to you.

kohai

Its been 3 years tomorrow and I've only recently been able to read through all the condolences, sympathies and well wishes without turning into a blubbering mess.

It is still hard and much of the time I'm still in denial but I'm getting there :)

If I hadn't said it before, thank you all so very much - your posts mean so much to me.

chess_kebabs

I can't believe it's been 3 years already Kohai... I can remember the day you told me your mum has passed away like it was yesterday... Hope it will get easier for you as time goes on... The missing won't stop but the pain does ease gradually ... I know from when I lost my father.

pdela

smiley

jesterville

gregdocot

My deepest sympathy in the passing of your beloved mother. She is now at peace with our Lord.

fhwee

Kohai,

I came to know of the sad news today. My heartfelt condolences to you and family.Pray that the Holy Trinity will guide and bless you during this difficult period.

Kansha

My sincerest condolences go to you, boss. Stay strong, I know you will :)

kohai

jesterville that is truly beautiful, thank you for sharing.

kohai

Yesterday was still hard but easier than it was last couple of years. I sat and talked with her a while. It is incredibly tough and my heart goes out to all those who have experienced this in their lives.

Cherish those you love, you don't know how long you have them :)

chess_kebabs

very true Kohai...  

red-lady

Indeed quite true. This is a poem from a Dutch author. I translated it myself Embarassed Hope it still stands.

FAREWELL
Will you be careful?

I know you are but doing an errand
just around the corner
and you're not dressed for a long journey at all.

Your kiss is light,
you look at ease
and peaceful your hand and feet.

But behind this corner
a continent,
behind this moment
a sea of time.

Will you be careful?
Skand

Real sorry to know about your loss Julie. 

After few days of my father's passing away, I noticed within the family a tendency to avoid conversation that would bring up dad. It was an attempt to avoid pain it would cause by bringing up his memories. I deliberately started talking of dad and events in his life. I feel it is important that our kids do not feel awkward to talk of their grandparents just because they are no more with us in physical form and remembering them will cause us grief. They should understand that even in that grief, there is love and memories are what makes them real.

bishophowells

UPDATE:

After a long illness Julie Howells aka Kohai died in Llanelli (Wales,UK) on the 8th Feb 2023, she was 56. She never stopped talking about the friends she made here

Jon

RonaldJosephCote

sad  cry

Pawnpusher103

God rest her soul and sleep in everlasting peace.

Marksaheel

Amen

bulletheadbilly

does anybody remember her other screenname besides her staff account ?