Forums

The 2012 World Championship of Chess!

Sort:
keju

Woo Gelfand played Timman's move 22. Bc3

Scottrf

You (and they did) have his clock wrong, he's had 24 mins.

trysts

It's a very interesting position.Smile

keju

Indeed! I wish they would discuss it more, but they're telling funny stories Smile

trysts

Laughing

keju

Ooo wow Anand is allowing BxN. I liked how Timman saw the mate in a flash if Black replies QxB. Smile

I didn't see it - I thought the black bishop covered the mate!

Timman's line was:
BxN QxB
Re8+ Bf8 (blocks)
Bh7+! Kh8
RxB mate

Scottrf
[COMMENT DELETED]
keju

LOL. Timman got Russian art. Laughing

Michael-G

Can that game escape the draw?

trysts

We are at move 24, one hour and forty-five minutes into game four, and it's time for another cup of teaSmile

keju

Houdini's evaluation after 22 ... Bd4 is 0.00 Frown

keju

One thing I'm learning from these games is that there is no point going for a win if there is no win to be had. In this position, with either white or black, I'd be (pointlessly) going for a win Frown

keju

If Timman wants to avoid the bishop exchange, he must play 25. Bb4. The alternative 25. Bd2 loses at once to Bxf2+!

trysts
keju wrote:

One thing I'm learning from these games is that there is no point going for a win if there is no win to be had. In this position, with either white or black, I'd be (pointlessly) going for a win

So would I, but we wouldn't be playing Anand or GelfandLaughing

keju
trysts wrote:

So would I, but we wouldn't be playing Anand or Gelfand

Good point Trysts Smile

But here's another thing I am always amazed by. Timman found 26 ... g6 obvious, and clearly so did Anand! I must be blind Cool

Michael-G

From their games till now it is obviously that they are not willing to take risks.12 games are very few.One win may give a decisive advantage to the winner.

keju

Ya it has been pretty close so far!

keju

What does NIIT on Anand's t-shirt stand for? Some institute of technology in India?

trysts

Houdini's first line is draw by perpetual check. It is a very calm game compared to the last one. 

netzach

Forth Game               

In this one Anand's Scottishness has been recognised & the game honourably named after the '''Firth of Forth'', Scotland !
Opening ceremony
Third Game
First Game
Second Game