Forums

Vote Chess Game vs World Champion Anand is Ready!

Sort:
DeepGreene

The game is ready for registration, guys! This is going to be a lot of fun!

Please remember, we want to keep this real, keep this clean, and keep this classy. That means no computers! Well... computers are ok, I guess, but no chess engines! Let's just keep our collective wits about us and see how we really fare against one of the best players ever!

http://www.chess.com/votechess/game?id=30534

I've never been more excited!... about Vote Chess! Laughing

MoonlessNight

You are going down Anand!

nameno1had

Are we going to be able convene as a group in chat? There doesn't appear to be an interface, as with group vs group vote chess.

MoonlessNight

I am not able to write anything! (at the vote chess game that is)

hankas
nate23 wrote:

You are going down Anand!

YEAAHH!!! 1+

LavaRook

Lets play the Semi-Slav Triangle :D

...only if you dare lol we will probably get owned badly in this haha in some tactical Marshall Gambit lines

nameno1had

I guess this will have to suffice.

I recommend looking at games he has lost to other GM's,while playing d4, perhaps such as Carlsen, Gelfand, Kasparov, Kramnik, etc...

nameno1had
JoseO wrote:

Not finding too many losses for Anand. I found a few where he played d4 and lost but not many games.I did find an awful lot of draws.

I have seen a few games where he lost to Carlsen, but did he open with d4?

overclockedapebrain

It was fairly obvious that chess engines were being used in the test run against ACEChess.  Poor Anand, why did he agree to this insanity?!Frown

nameno1had
overclockedapebrain wrote:

It was fairly obvious that chess engines were being used in the test run against ACEChess.  Poor Anand, why did he agree to this insanity?!

I am going to guess that Chess.com will be watching for that. How they would police and punish for it ?...your guess is as good as mine.

netzach

There is no way that will happen as would be hugely disrespectful to the World Champion !

The site has very sophisticated analysis-systems to discover & track such activity back to the originator. Am sure they would be punished & rightly so.

1RedKnight99

I signed up! Anyway a slav is good. 

nameno1had
twentytwenty20 wrote:
nameno1had wrote:
JoseO wrote:

Not finding too many losses for Anand. I found a few where he played d4 and lost but not many games.I did find an awful lot of draws.

I have seen a few games where he lost to Carlsen, but did he open with d4?

There'ew 24 decisive games between them and Anand has won 15 games against Carlsen's 9. I would rather suggest to go through Anand's games against Kasparov who clearly dominated Anand for a while.

Without trying to debate whether we are more prone to make mistakes we have made before, I would be willing to bet that Anand looked back at all of these games he has lost and has tried to see where he went wrong. I think it would be better to actually look at all of his loses we can find information on as a whole and try to see if there is a correlation between the loses and exploit it.

kodeeak

looks like we tied

nameno1had

We?