Forums

Well, I am pretty disappointed in some Chess.com players!

Sort:
Thunder_Penguin
raycoach wrote:

Hi all,

I joined chess.com yesterday. I coach kids and I wondered if this was a site I could recommend to them. I haven't played for a while but I am 2149 FIDE, so I know the moves.

Anyway, played a game and won and my opponent went into this long rambling argument that I was cheating using a computer. I shrug it off, then play a couple more games. I get 2 private messages below from another user 

So, are many players on Chess.com such bad losers? I can't honestly recommend this site to the kids I teach if this is the sort of nonsense that goes on. What do the mods do about it?

As I say, I am very new here (1 day only) so I would be grateful for views.

Honestly, I've been on this site for about 3 years, and I only met 1 person like that...

varelse1

Welcome to the internet!

It's the same thing at any site, trust me.

Bunch of twelve-year-old brats, shooting their mouths off, because they not within striking distance of you.

ConnorMacleod_151
Thunder_Penguin wrote:
raycoach wrote:

Hi all,

I joined chess.com yesterday. I coach kids and I wondered if this was a site I could recommend to them. I haven't played for a while but I am 2149 FIDE, so I know the moves.

Anyway, played a game and won and my opponent went into this long rambling argument that I was cheating using a computer. I shrug it off, then play a couple more games. I get 2 private messages below from another user So, are many players on Chess.com such bad losers? I can't honestly recommend this site to the kids I teach if this is the sort of nonsense that goes on. What do the mods do about it?

As I say, I am very new here (1 day only) so I would be grateful for views.

Honestly, I've been on this site for about 3 years, and I only met 1 person like that...

Thats cos everyone thinks... CM stands for...

Chess.com Maker.

Aighearach
Mr_Tarkanian wrote:

If you are searching for an internet chess site that has no sore losers, you might find that catching a bass in a paved parking lot is easier.

I once met a great blue heron who had no trouble at all catching a bass in a paved parking lot. One quick gulp and I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. Or just watch my back a little closer.