Forums

ENDGAME BOOKS

Sort:
EnGliSHCheSsPlAy

If there anyone who wants to suggest me some really good books..

I know some of Dvoretskji but I'm sure about them..

WHAT ARE YOUR SUGGESTIONS???

dr_chessdad

Jeremy Silman's Endgame Book is really good.

farbror

Agreed! So is "100 Endgames you must know" by Villa

EnGliSHCheSsPlAy

thanks guys

GIT-REKT

What do you guy's think about Yasser Seirawan's "Winning Chess Endings"?

EnGliSHCheSsPlAy

good choice! I'm gonna see it ..thx

EnGliSHCheSsPlAy

I think the last one is pretty good..!

WyoKid

I think Jeremy Silman's is the best first book to get on Endgames.

Pandolfini has one that is pretty good for beginners too.

When you are ready to advance Dvoretski is good, Secrets of Pawn Endings by Muller and Lamprecht is quite good and I am working my way through it now.  Also Secrets of Rook Endings by John Nunn.

kissinger

Grandmaster Secrets:Endings by Andrew Soltis published by thinker's press.Soltis has written many readable chess books.  In his Endings book he focuses on what you really just need to know, what is likely to happen  rather than theoretical stuff you'll probably rarely if ever see.  It's written in the socratic method, a dialogue between a chess student and a master, with many clear purposeful diagrams and game examples, lots of cool illustrations and quotes too, very affordable also.  Also helpful is  On the Endgame by  C.J. S. Purdy also published by Thinker's Press.  I would read this book only after you read soltis book.  Anything by Purdy is really good though, thinker's press has published alot of his stuff dealing with all aspects of chess. good luck

EnGliSHCheSsPlAy

wow!

likesforests

WyoKid> Also Secrets of Rook Endings by John Nunn.

"Secrets of Rook Endings" is an encyclopedia/reference more than anything else--you could become super-gm strong without ever reading it. Now, if you're just an endgame aficionado, then by all means check it out. Smile

If you're really FIDE 2000 and focused on tournament results, De La Villa's 100 Endgame You Must Know would be a good fit. It's intended to take you up to FM-level. If you aspire to be a GM you might consider Dvoretsky (theory) & Shereshevsky (strategy).

EnGliSHCheSsPlAy

thanks a lot :)

Ep1c_pha1l

You can get trained in the ways of the endgame free, Download arena and nalimov 5 piece endgame tablebases, make arena use them set up the board and click infinte anylasis.

EnGliSHCheSsPlAy

didn't know that either..:)

EnGliSHCheSsPlAy

I know.. I have got it :)