Forums

Chess Music

Sort:
StevenBailey13

What music do you listen when playing online chess? I listen to Preliator by Globus- When it is playing I can beat Bobby Fischer, Garry Kasparov, Anatoly Karpov and Capablanca blindfolded SIMULTANEOUSLY!!!!!!!!!  The only person who may be able to draw me is Chuck Norris!!

Without the music I'm pretty awful though.

What about you?

finalunpurez

i listen to rap when i play blitz online :)

finalunpurez
Cainite wrote:
finalunpurez wrote:

i listen to rap when i play blitz online :)

Good tastes! I have Eminem playing just about every second I'm dealing with chess.

Haha. Eminem is my fav! 

StevenBailey13

Any other opinions?

IrrationalTiger

The White Album, Abbey Road, or Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band when I'm studying, but when I play OTB I can't concentrate with music.  But for bullet chess, Jimi Hendrix is the way to go - nothing better than winning by 1/100th of a second during an awesome guitar solo.

VULPES_VULPES

When I think, classical music, because it helps me relax when I calculate moves in my head (and not go mentally insane).

StevenBailey13
VULPES_VULPES wrote:

When I think, classical music, because it helps me relax when I calculate moves in my head (and not go mentally insane).

Very true, I use vltava. You should check it up! I think it's by Bedreich Smetana

StevenBailey13
echecs06 wrote:

I certainly don't listen to rap while playing chess, or doing anything else for that matter!

Agreed!

tmac63

When playing it has to be classical. 99 Must Have Chill Out Classics form Amazon MP3. Nine plus hours of concentration enhancing goodness.

StevenBailey13
tmac63 wrote:

When playing it has to be classical. 99 Must Have Chill Out Classics form Amazon MP3. Nine plus hours of concentration enhancing goodness.

It seems to be 2 rap versus 3 classical... So tense...

Jabba_The_Mutt

Some smooth jazz, nothing too intrusive, just so I can get in the swing of it. And if I really need to pummel my opponent...Bitches Brew & In A Silent Way. Just to keep the left foot tapping away...

StevenBailey13
Jabba_The_Mutt wrote:

Some smooth jazz, nothing too intrusive, just so I can get in the swing of it. And if I really need to pummel my opponent...Bitches Brew & In A Silent Way. Just to keep the left foot tapping away...

hmmm... Do you ever use " Baker Street" ?

Jabba_The_Mutt

Do you mean the Rafferty song? No, I haven't. Although I like that song, instrumental is more my thing. I wonder though, what in my post made you think of that song?

Sred

Baroque instrumental music. Try Bach's "Musical Offering" or "The Art of Fugue".

StevenBailey13
Jabba_The_Mutt wrote:

Do you mean the Rafferty song? No, I haven't. Although I like that song, instrumental is more my thing. I wonder though, what in my post made you think of that song?

Smooth jazz - you gotta love that saxaphone!