Forums

A good game ( I think :p )

Sort:
Piet_Agoras

What do you guys think of this game I finished today?

amri97

12. Qxd5 12. Nc6 (why didint black play Qxh6?) one of some wrong moves of black

Dragorne

Blacks first mistake in my opinion was sacrificing the bishop for a pawn. Move made no sense to me and sent black downhill instantly. Took the attack to early without the proper damage control.

Piet_Agoras
pfren wrote:

Umm, no, it's not a good game.

It takes two to tango, and your opponent did not know even the very basics of the game.

And even you, committed a very serious blunder (leaving the h6 bishop en prise for no apparent reason). It would not affect the course of the game, as your material and positional advantage was already overwhelming, but this is probably the only thing you should remember about this sort-of-game: Never lose concentration, even in totally winning positions.

Ok, so here 12. Nf5+ would be better, protecting the bischop.

bassosoolo

I think you should consider taking e5-pawn at the beginning, even though there might be some crazy lines with ...Qh4 and such. Personally I would have played 7. Qxd4 as his cheap attack has come to its end. In that line black really cannot do much with the queen as g7 is threatend (of course at the time white can't attack that point because the queen is in a pin). In either case, white would have had nice game with Bf4 and getting his rooks into nice central files.

After 10. Bh6 (which is tempting, but not good ) black should have played ...Ng4+, which would lead to Qxg4 Qxh6. Also possible for black was 10 ...Nxe4+. Nevertheless, white is much better in those lines, but playing Bh6 still is asking for potential trouble. 10. Nf5 would have been much safer choice.

At 11th move you could have consider moving e5 in order to distract that knight and threatening a royal fork. Black would have played ...d5 or ...d6 it seems, but in either case you would have gotten another line for the attack, namely e-file for the rook.

bassosoolo
bertenvanherp wrote:
pfren wrote:

Umm, no, it's not a good game.

It takes two to tango, and your opponent did not know even the very basics of the game.

And even you, committed a very serious blunder (leaving the h6 bishop en prise for no apparent reason). It would not affect the course of the game, as your material and positional advantage was already overwhelming, but this is probably the only thing you should remember about this sort-of-game: Never lose concentration, even in totally winning positions.

Ok, so here 12. Nf5+ would be better, protecting the bischop.

12. Nf5+ isn't needed (if 12. Qxd5 Qxh6?? 13. Nf5! forking).

Piet_Agoras

Ok, I get it.

Btw, I saw that this is in the wrong thread, it should be in the game-analysis thread. From next match on I will annotate my games.

Edison135

yaa, I to think it is not a good game.