Forums

Can I input a game into chess.com for computer analysis?

Sort:
mandlebrot

I just went to a tournament and I was wondering if I could get computer analysis for the games I played.  This way I could know where I made my mistakes.

mandlebrot

I guess nobody knows???

stephen_33

To the best of my knowledge, the answer is emphatically no!

basilicone

You could download Houdini, it´s free ...

mandlebrot

So two months after I ask this question, I finally get some responses.  Okay.

But thanks for the idea Buncombe, I may try it.

ftcandle

Hey Mandlebrot, OK I would have had something to say earlier if I knew about this thread but since I was trying to do the same thing as you I just happened to run across this thread and now I have the answer! 

Go to the menu selection for MORE and then select GAME EDITOR. I just entered a game I did at a tourny and it worked fine for me. I hope this helps, but I am sure you already figured this out since you posted two years ago! lOL.

stephen_33

ftcandle, as someone who uses the site's Game Editor a lot, I think I know what it can & can't do. I'm certain it can't perform any computer analysis of a game which is what the OP wants to do!

Joshua010403

Well it has been almost 10 years, so all of you probably know by now, but for people like me who are new to chess.com, in the left panel -> Learn -> Analysis -> You then just input the game, on the free version you get one analysis a day. (Or one computer analysis, you can do unlimited self analyses) You can also then at the bottom save it to your library. I hope this helps my fellow newcomers.

EFATO
Joshua010403 wrote:

Well it has been almost 10 years, so all of you probably know by now, but for people like me who are new to chess.com, in the left panel -> Learn -> Analysis -> You then just input the game, on the free version you get one analysis a day. (Or one computer analysis, you can do unlimited self analyses) You can also then at the bottom save it to your library. I hope this helps my fellow newcomers.

Thanks Joshua - I've been active on here for 6 months but just played my first OTB tournament round so this is exactly what I needed to know!