ufmgambit06
DaveyJones01
My best win ever in a correspondence game, player was rated 300 higher than me
Gil-Gandel
alexm2310 wrote:
DaveyJones01 wrote:

My best win ever in a correspondence game, player was rated 300 higher than me

Another reminder that pretty good players can still play horrible blunders

lol. Black's position is so horrible that White can even play 18. Qd8+, Qxd8; 19. Nf7+, Kg8; 20. Nxd8+, Be6; 21. Bxe6+, Kh8; 22. Rf8# if he wants to be funny about it.

bibamann
Rare, quick mate (5|0 game)
ufmgambit06

"King's Gambit Miniature"

tmkroll

Kopec System. Truth be told I'm not entirely happy with it, but sometimes this sort of thing happens.

ufmgambit06

A 25 mover. I thought the combination at the end was cool. There was one obvious blunder though, my opponent could have captured my bishop by 16. ... Nxd6, but they missed it.

Sqod

Black was obviously a beginner, but I felt like posting.

tmkroll

Neo From's Gambit.

Ziryab

This wild and crazy game had errors on both sides, ending with an epaulette mate.

A1Rajjpuut

This one's so short . . . I challenge you to play it through blindfold, OK?

Blackmar Gambit -- Delayed Battery-Acid Variation

1. d4 Nf6

2, Nf3 d5

3, Ng5 N8d7

4. e4. dxe4

5. Be2 h6

And Black resigned after White's next move . . . but you've surely seen this before, right?

Yuck, yuck the other Indians invented corn!

Digantp
kkl10

5 min blitz.

Colin20G

15 minutes and 10 seconds increments.

Checkmate in 13 moves in a rather unusual pattern (I think).

Ziryab

While waiting for a breakfast table at a popular local restaurant, I played a game on my phone. As I checkmated my opponent on move 29, I'll refrain from posting even though I sacrificed a knight for two pawns and the initiative early in the game. I played the French Defense.

Pulpofeira

C'mon, I'm sure everybody will understand. I'd like to see it.

Ziryab
Pulpofeira wrote:

C'mon, I'm sure everybody will understand. I'd like to see it.

https://www.chess.com/live/game/1525315780

An Unsound Sacrifice

Ten years ago, I was discussing a line of the French Defense with FM Curt Collyer, who was giving me lessons. He was not yet a FIDE Master, and was only an National Master part of the time that he worked with me. I became a B Class player a few months after the lessons concluded.

While discussing the French Defense, I asked Curt about a sacrifice of a knight for two pawns. In the line we were examining, Black gets a passed, supported d-pawn. Even so, Curt's response expressed his sense that my notion was too ambitious at the least. "You know what your problem is," he said, "you love chess too much."

Yesterday morning, while waiting for a breakfast table at a popular local restaurant, I played a quick game on my phone. After fourteen seconds thought, I sacrificed a knight for two pawns. My position was clearly worse for the next fourteen moves.

Internet Opponent (1820) -- Stripes,J (1837) [C02]
Live Chess Chess.com, 03.04.2016

1.e4 e6 2.d4 c5 3.c3 d5 4.e5 Nc6 5.a3 

5.Nf3 is usual.

5...Bd7 6.Nf3 transposes back to main lines.

6.b4 is consistent with White's prior move.

6...Qb6 7.Be2 cxd4 8.cxd4 Nge7 9.b4 Nf5 10.Bb2

Read the rest at: http://chessskill.blogspot.com/2016/04/an-unsound-sacrifice.html