Forums

Post your best miniatures here

Sort:
robertjames_perez

This is an OTB rapid game that I played two days ago. I think my opponent is much lower-rated than me though based on his play.

owengarriott
800 PAGES
GM_OHIOCITEZEN_BEAT_U_LOL

i m black by the way
Elroch

Not a miniature and could have been shortened with 22. Bh2+ for a routine Q+B mate (worth knowing!)

fenrissaga
Crunchwald_The_Fourth

Greek gift game in the Alekhine.

Elroch
robertjames_perez

A weird one tonight. This is one of the shortest actual (i.e., non-forfeited) games I have ever played.

robertjames_perez

And here's one where a GM literally just blundered against me.

theRonster456
Crunchwald_The_Fourth wrote:

Greek gift game in the Alekhine.

Nice game. Engine calls 8.Bf4 an inaccuracy, but it's not really a 'bad' move. I think the engine just considers Bd3 that much better.

theRonster456
robertjames_perez wrote:

A weird one tonight. This is one of the shortest actual (i.e., non-forfeited) games I have ever played.

Nice! I don't know what's more surprising: that your opponent didn't find 12.Bg5, or that he did find the completely innocuous a3.grin

theRonster456

A tale of two Scandinavians, and I don't mean Edvard Munch and Erik the Red.wink

In this one, I try this goofy move 2...b6. It's a pretty suspicious idea, but on my basement level, you can sometimes get away with stuff like this.

And this one is a real fiasco. A Scandi that transposes into a Tennison gambit. I think it was either Socrates or Yogi Berra who said "If you try hard enough, you can screw up anything."