Forums

1800 target in two months?

Sort:
TunjiGold

I am currently rated 1300. My target is to attain 1800 in two months. How realistic is it,and what should I do to meet and if possible exceed my target in two months?

lisa_zhang_tok

Only Vegans and Carissa Yip can obtain that type of mental growth so quickly. Wink

ForsakeMe2

it should take much more time, it's not about raiting, rather, it's about quaility of your game, understanding.

TunjiGold

ForsakeMe2 wrote:

it should take much more time, it's not about raiting, rather, it's about quaility of your game, understanding.

Thanks

jason17

Even if you dedicated 10 hours a day to it, I doubt you could leap 500 points in 2 months. Maybe try for a more achievable goal so that you can feel confidence in achieving it before going after something impossible. Why not work hard to be 1400 in 2 months, and if you make that reasonable goal, you could aim for another 100 the next two months. 

lisa_zhang_tok
Metal_Fox wrote:
lisa_zhang_tok wrote:

Only Vegans and Carissa Yip can obtain that type of mental growth so quickly.

ask hikaru for babies again :D

ROFL .. I will! Tongue Out

lisa_zhang_tok
tigerprowl10 wrote:
lisa_zhang_tok wrote:

Only Vegans and Carissa Yip can obtain that type of mental growth so quickly.

Carissa Yip might lose to Sam Sevian like Carlsen lost to Anand.

she will distract with psychological warfare ^^

Moedk

I've gone from about 1250 to 1400 in one month which I thought was really satisfying, but I think 1800 is just a bit too optimistic.

Die_Schanze

Play better and your rating will follow.

But unlikely one gets from 1300 to 1800 in two months. Maybe one out of thousand people has the talent AND the time for playing and learning much AND the will to do the required work.

That`s most likely not the guy, who spent years to reach 1300.

Bangladesh_123

You should be able to 100 points within 2 months.500 is impossible.

andys001

"Forsakeme2" is right with their comment, it's far more important for you to focus your learning on understanding ideas behind moves.  Aiming for ratings alone is definitely not so important as the whole learning process that takes place with improving.

Try studying the classics, great games played by great masters and at each step try to understand and think about the ideas they had and the overall outcome these had on the end result.

GirlyGiggles

At my low level (+-1400 live standard), I've found my game to improve more as I practice tactics and increase my tactics trainer rating. Tactics reduced my blunders and increased my alertness to potential opportunities for both sides. Hope that helps. =)

huddsbluenose

Don't mean to burst your bubble but that's a totally unachievable goal. Even 100 points in six months is a good rate of improvement. A book that I found very useful when I was around your level was the "Mammoth Book of Chess" by Graham Burgess. And do as many tactics as you can too.

Candidate35

You can do whatever you put your mind to. Try your best, study hard, and see how far you go! If you don't reach your goal you didn't fail- you still improved however much. Just never give up on your dreams and goals.