Forums

A chess rule.

Sort:
Si-Eric

Right,I understand.Thanks!

Si-Eric

Has anyone got anymore thoughts on this topic?

KvothDuval

ya... your a troll...

Si-Eric

ah,thanksInnocent. Use left and right arrows to navigate.

KvothDuval
Si-Eric wrote:

ah,thanks

no prob =D

CP6033

hmm i don't like it, this means that there is a lot of complications in games.

Si-Eric
CP6033 wrote:

Well,in my opinion this would make a whole lot of sense! and Just think about it logically.If a piece is stuck "pinned" on a square,do you think it should be able to guard another square,when it's not even able to move?

Anyway,I've come over positions like this plenty of times.

ThrillerFan
Si-Eric wrote:
CP6033 wrote:

Well,in my opinion this would make a whole lot of sense! and Just think about it logically.If a piece is stuck "pinned" on a square,do you think it should be able to guard another square,when it's not even able to move?

The OP and this responder are idiots.  What you are saying makes ZERO sense logically!  The problem you people have is you just don't get it!  Chess is still about the first person to get the opponent's King.  The fact that we don't "physically capture" the King is a mere technicality, but in essence, think of it as the first one to capture the King wins, then remove your last move and his last move, and you have "Checkmate".

If you put a Rook on h8, and a White Bishop sits on h2 with White King on h1, nothing else on the h-file, the Bishop is said to be in an "Absolute Pin", different than a "Relative Pin", where the piece on h1 is higher in value than the Bishop, but not the King.

That said, the Bishop on h2 has no ability to stop any piece other than the Black King from going on that diagonal.  A Black Queen can go onto e5 and White can't take it because if White takes the Black Queen, even if that means check, he has put himself in check, and Black plays "Rook Takes King" and Black wins as he got White's King first, even if Black's King sits on d4 right now!

However, you can't put the King on e5 as "Bishop Takes King" occurs 1 move earlier than Black's "Rook Takes King".  Guess what, the Black King got caught first - Black loses!

It's just like if Black gets Checkmated, and White was about to be checkmated in 1 move!  White wins!  Same would apply if you extended it to capturing the King.  White Checkmates Black, Black Checkmates White, White grabs the Black King, White wins!  Doesn't matter that Black could have done it on the same move.  This isn't baseball, or College Football Overtime.  You don't get the same number of turns.  It's sudden death!

macer75
tubebender wrote:
macer75 wrote:

Actually, you need to be smart to be a good troll.

That is why some love and worship you! You could start a religion--think about.

Why, thanks for the compliment! But another thing you need to consistently be a good troll is to be humble. There have been way too many trolls in the past who achieved greatness, then got too full of themselves, as as a result started to decline and never fully recovered. It's a widespread problem in the world of trolling, and rooted in trolling itself, because to be a good troll you can't be 100% humble and unassuming either. There is a degree of bravado involved in trolling. So it's about finding the correct balance - people who are too humble never make it to the top, and people who are too full of themselves all down from the top very quickly.

Rangeena

Fritz says that you cannot take the Bishop.

NomadicKnight

There's a reason these rules have existed for centuries... stop trying to change things. Ever heard the saying "If it isn't broke don't try to fix it?"

CP6033
ThrillerFan wrote:
Si-Eric wrote:
CP6033 wrote:

The OP and this responder are idiots.  What you are saying makes ZERO sense logically!  The problem you people have is you just don't get it!  Chess is still about the first person to get the opponent's King.  The fact that we don't "physically capture" the King is a mere technicality, but in essence, think of it as the first one to capture the King wins, then remove your last move and his last move, and you have "Checkmate".

If you put a Rook on h8, and a White Bishop sits on h2 with White King on h1, nothing else on the h-file, the Bishop is said to be in an "Absolute Pin", different than a "Relative Pin", where the piece on h1 is higher in value than the Bishop, but not the King.

That said, the Bishop on h2 has no ability to stop any piece other than the Black King from going on that diagonal.  A Black Queen can go onto e5 and White can't take it because if White takes the Black Queen, even if that means check, he has put himself in check, and Black plays "Rook Takes King" and Black wins as he got White's King first, even if Black's King sits on d4 right now!

However, you can't put the King on e5 as "Bishop Takes King" occurs 1 move earlier than Black's "Rook Takes King".  Guess what, the Black King got caught first - Black loses!

It's just like if Black gets Checkmated, and White was about to be checkmated in 1 move!  White wins!  Same would apply if you extended it to capturing the King.  White Checkmates Black, Black Checkmates White, White grabs the Black King, White wins!  Doesn't matter that Black could have done it on the same move.  This isn't baseball, or College Football Overtime.  You don't get the same number of turns.  It's sudden death!

are idiots? seriously? just cause you are rated 2000 and ONE comment i made is not logical, you therefore conclude that I am an idiot? well, what about your logic? 

RICK29
condude2

You're not mated, just pinned. It's still a pretty clear win for black after that.

RICK29

Thats not the pt. dude, if you read my post above. i moved Qh1#. with the premise that (black to move) delivers check first wins, but when my son was insisting he won. we came back to look at the position and saw i was also #!!  

condude2

I see :)

bobjoerock

it like this you and your friends have a war with another mob

the leader kill you you are deaded

then your friend kill you

but you are stiull deaded