14410 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
A lot of people claim anything is possible. But we have to remember that because "anything" is possible does not mean "everything" is possible. Ratings are based on how much ahead of the average players are. If everyone starts being a GM, then that would just mean that the standard of being a GM would go up.
Not only is everything possible, everything is.
- I vote with all the people who say for all kinds of reasons not everyone can be a super gm
- and then it occurred to me that this game is proof positive I cannot be a super g m
- like I make dumb moves and leave players "hanging" grand masters don't
- and when it came to one part of this game I made a dumb mistake and put my rook into take by a bishop
HOWEVER - I MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING GOING BY ATTACKING WITH THE ROOK FIRST - but in the attitude of can't be a g m - - when I have a rook and queen in my attack - I WILL ALWAYS ATTACK WITH MY QUEEN FIRST - it is MY KNEE JERK reaction - attack with queen first because queen is more versatile - - however - I think a g m - would actually THINK FIRST - - and when I look at this game I think I should have otter have attacked with the rook first
AT MOVE 48 I THINK I SHOULD HAVE ATTACKED NOT WITH QUEEN BUT ATTACKED WITH ROOK FIRST
- however I won the game on time - but even now I don't know how I should have approached and stage and move my pieces for a win
- well I think a chess master would
well maybe everyone else in the world could be a super gm - well I know I can't - like that fighter pilot movie - only I don't have the right stuff
There indeed actually was a pretty cool win in there, brettregan, after White's 48th move (although it took a while for me to find it...all those check possibilities are numbing!)...
- and there you go I could never ever be a chess master because in a million years without thousands and of years of " COACHING" - I would never have found that sequence of moves AndyClifton gave me because I would have thought the first move in the winning sequence would be to take the rook sacrificing my rook - then getting a queen and then spending the rest of the game putting the opponents king in check hoping for when I can eliminate his queen with a pin
- now if I could or would have thought of Andy Cifton's sequence I might consider myself a higher class player but I didn't and I know myself - I would always think about taking that rook first
That's a lot of generations.
No they can't.
Komodo 6 Released But? The A.R.B Chess System Still Crushes!! it! :)
by TheARBChessSystem a few minutes ago
What does mean, when a player refuse to rematch ?
by Sangwin 3 minutes ago
Where is logical thinking in the chess ?
by shadowsaybye 5 minutes ago
Chess Troll for the Year!
by olichris 7 minutes ago
Could somebody enlighten me on my mistakes here.
by doublebruce 8 minutes ago
12/9/2013 - Mate in 3
by NomadicKnight 10 minutes ago
can I be an IM before i die?
by Sunshiny 11 minutes ago
I am quitting chess.
by Mr_Tarkanian 12 minutes ago
1 or 2 match a day tournaments
by scottk74 13 minutes ago
We need more amateurs to post their annotated games.
by ajian 16 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2013 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!