Forums

can magnus carlson cross the 3000 elo barrier

Sort:
honinbo_shusaku

Rating only serves as an indicator of how good you are relative to others. The number itself is meaningless, be it 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, etc. When there are more idiots joining FIDE, the rating gets inflated. When there are more geniuses, the rating will drop.

PatzerLars
abdulmajidsayem1 wrote:
PatzerLars wrote:

Suppose he manages to make it one day, guess what ? The next day another dork will open a thread titled "Can MC cross the 4000 .. ?" :-D

dat dork will definitly b u

definitely not. ;-)

abdulmajidsayem1

@patzerlars congrats then

abdulmajidsayem1
honinbo_shusaku wrote:

Rating only serves as an indicator of how good you are relative to others. The number itself is meaningless, be it 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, etc. When there are more idiots joining FIDE, the rating gets inflated. When there are more geniuses, the rating will drop.

hmmm

abdulmajidsayem1

check dis out

ponz111

Enjoy with him that he has the highest chess rating of any individual in the history of mankind. No need to think he should try and  break 3000.

His game today not his best but he still won. kudos!

deepak64

Why not? He is a good player.

abdulmajidsayem1
ponz111 wrote:

Enjoy with him that he has the highest chess rating of any individual in the history of mankind. No need to think he should try and  break 3000.

His game today not his best but he still won. kudos!

yups and its still increasing,,,,,:)

abdulmajidsayem1
pfren wrote:

Well, personally I would feel very glad playing next to Magnus in an open tournament. That would make me much a better player- the guy could accidentally protect some squares at the board very next to his. so I would be blunder-safe.

Jokes aside... ponz111, please try to understand that Carlsen does not pay the slightest f**k about book evaluations. He played the Ponziani to get the opponent out of the book, next time he will play the Timbuktu gambit, or whatever. He just aims for a rich, unbalanced middlegame, where he doesn't mind at all about the engine evaluations. He just assures himself that the opponent is well outside his opening preparation, and has to play chess to achieve something. And when chess is the only matter, Magnus is a chess machine- Capa on steroids. I'm afraid I have no way to express how much I admire his uncompromising, fecking brilliant playing style. If I could play some 10% of this incredible chess, then I would surely be a GM. Alas, I can't. I ain't a genius, and I'm rather too old to transform myself to a Carlsen clone (technical difficulties aside).

sir i was also wondering y he played ponziani...but u made it clear why,he wants to drag opponents into unknown oceans

abdulmajidsayem1
deepak64 wrote:

Why not? He is a good player.

haa deepak bhai asha hai ki jaldi waha pahunch jai

abdulmajidsayem1

todays game anand vs carlsen will b awesome n exiting

CHCL

Can't wait for tommorow's game!

abdulmajidsayem1

hmmm it will be great....hu will win?ur prediction

abdulmajidsayem1

another victory for carlsen 

abdulmajidsayem1
Round 7 - Saturday the 19th
Anand, V. - van Wely, L.  
Sokolov, I. - Harikrishna, P.  
Leko, P. - Carlsen, M.  
Karjakin, S. - Aronian, L.  
Hou, Y. - Caruana, F.  
L'Ami, E. - Giri, A.  
Wang, H. - Nakamura, H.  
abdulmajidsayem1

every win and new record gets set

voldermort123

carlsen will win

abdulmajidsayem1
voldermort123 wrote:

carlsen will win

one more step closer to 3000....:)

ohsnapzbrah

The only chance Carlsen has of breaking 3000 is if a handful of players break 2850 or 2900. It won't be Kramnik or Aronian. It'd likely have to be Caruana, Karjakin, Nakamura, Wang, Giri, and a couple of other young stars that haven't broken 2700 yet. 

That brings us in to inflation and all that stuff. I'll simply say about that that the ratings hold the test of time, and most players these days, while not better overall chess players than say Fischer or Karpov, have better foundations and knowledge about the game than the masters of old times. These players (most of the 2700+) just don't have the same flair or strategical genuises that FIscher and Karpov had because it's now common knowledge.

abdulmajidsayem1

♔NM Aww-Rats Free Video Lessons!♔

join this group.