Forums

Chess.com speaks about fair play !?!?!

Sort:
Irontiger
Ubik42 wrote:

Do they have the word "Troll" in French?

And yes, this post receieves my vote for dumbest post of the day.

Same vote for me. And yes, "troll" is translated by "troll".

I suggest that players should be forced to ask a rematch every time they lose a game, be forced to rematch each time they win, and the draw should be removed and replaced by a black win. Anyone not complying with this rule, or criticizing it on the forums should be IP-banned for two months.

VULPES_VULPES

What if your opponent is sneaking a game at work and doesn't have time for a rematch?

uri65

I never ask for a rematch and almost never accept one. IMHO any claims of rematch aficionados about etiquette, morals and fairness are absolutely ridiculous.

However here is an idea - chess.com could implement an option to create open challenge for a match of N games where N is a number between 2 and 10 for example. May be it will be of some interest in addition to single games and tournaments.

MSC157

In a real world, no one one-round-robin (or something?!) tournament does have a rematch option...

pushingthepawns
Ubik42 ha scritto:

If I beat you, once, I will savor the victory and forevermore avoid playing you again, ever, I will block you, or abort games, whatever it takes, as long as I can take my one victory against you and carry it with me to the grave.

You, sir, are my hero