Forums

ChessMaster 10 Opening Song

Sort:
gmatt

I've scoured the internet trying to figure out what the music that plays in the Chessmaster 10 is. All I've found are some misleading suggestions. I really love that song! Does anyone know who its by? The composer?

KnightNotHorse

This from the Chessmaster 10th Edition post entitled ***FAQ's - READ THIS FIRST!***.  Click here for a link to this.

Q: What music is played during the intro movie?
A: It is a mixture of (at least) three pieces by J.S. Bach:
1. Gigue from the Cello Suite No.2 in d, BWV 1008.
2. Fugue from the Violin Sonata No.1 in g, BWV 1001 (performed here on the cello).
3. Prelude from the Cello Suite No.1 in G, BWV 1007.

The opening video can be found here.  After 28 seconds into the opening, it starts with 3. Prelude from the Cello Suite No.1 in G, BWV 1007.  I am not sure which pieces play before that.

They did a beautiful job on that opening sequence - very relaxing. Smile

greersome

They must have just posted that on the site, because I had the same question and looked ALL OVER before I found the answer.

However, the only information I found was on the final piece, which comes from Bach's Cello Suite No. 1 in G, BWV 1007.

Good to see the other pieces noted here.  

I was curious as I was considering the final piece as a part in our wedding.  However, the beautiful melody from the last part of the Chessmaster opening video is only the introduction of that Cello Suite and lasts about 22 seconds.  After that, the piece becomes more somber, which is typical of many cello suites. 

EnCroissantCheckmate

Link to song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0