Forums

CMG File to PGN File

Sort:
Lat3ne

Hello chess.com funs!

Can someone tell me is it possible to convert  CMG File to PGN File!My friend sent me CMG File (created with Chessmaster program) but i can not open it with my Fritz9 program!

thx guys

Skwerly

Hmm, I couldn't find much.  You might just want to buy Chessmaster lol - it's like 5 bucks at most software places.  :)

Skwerly

OR, since your buddy compiled the database in the first place, maybe he could create another one in PGN format?  That actually might be easiest. 

Lat3ne
Skwerly wrote:

OR, since your buddy compiled the database in the first place, maybe he could create another one in PGN format?  That actually might be easiest. 

This sounds logical!Thx

Xonatron

I am also looking for a .CMG to .PGN converter (without buying Chessmaster).

mvairavan
[COMMENT DELETED]
mvairavan
Lat3ne wrote:

Hello chess.com funs!

Can someone tell me is it possible to convert  CMG File to PGN File!My friend sent me CMG File (created with Chessmaster program) but i can not open it with my Fritz9 program!

thx guys

Have you tried opening the .cmg file in notepad or some text editor or something? if its a text based file then it should be easy to convert it to pgn. Can u post a sample .cmg file ?

EscherehcsE
mvairavan wrote:
Lat3ne wrote:

Hello chess.com funs!

thx guys

Have you tried opening the .cmg file in notepad or some text editor or something? if its a text based file then it should be easy to convert it to pgn. Can u post a sample .cmg file ?

Unfortunately, it's not a text file; It's some kind of binary file. If there's a way to do the conversion without Chessmaster, I've never seen it.

Xonatron

If I could learn the format, I could code a converter for everyone.

HGMuller
[COMMENT DELETED]