Forums

Computer Little Chess Partner.

Sort:
Abarai

When you play against little chess partner your are going to promote and it turns to be queen. Not all times you want a queen. I think there should be a change.

Phelon

Oui! C'est vrai!

Abarai

What does oui! Cest vrai mean?

Phelon

Yes! That's true!

Abarai

ok.

RN9

I agre with you.  Also, there should be a three move repitition rule.  Sometimes I find myself in a situation where I have only one logical move and if I make it, Little Chess Partner will make his logocial move, but nonstop we will make the same moves until I make a stupid move for the sake of the game causing a defeat instead of a drawn position.

tarius78

VERY true RN9 - MANY times I've found myself in a position to salvage a game I felt I would have lost on, and it comes down to the three move repetition scenario against LCP on Hard. I just have to tell myself 'Ok, cool, it's a draw' but it really would be nice for the programme to acknowledge that... Perhaps if it did, it would change its strategy(?)...

Hakuoh

Its just a game guys, not rated.

Yellow_015

yea but in a game, even unrated you want to have the same rules as any other game, if you use it as practice then promoting to a knight may be good for you in a situation and you can learn from that. just because it doesnt count to a score doesnt mean it should overlook some rules that may help improve the game of some people.

Abarai

Yep.

melzerh

Should be

Hakuoh
the_chairman wrote:

yea but in a game, even unrated you want to have the same rules as any other game, if you use it as practice then promoting to a knight may be good for you in a situation and you can learn from that. just because it doesnt count to a score doesnt mean it should overlook some rules that may help improve the game of some people.

What am I gonna do about it?

Abarai

You could report to erik