Forums

damn you pre-move

Sort:
mijfil

i thought i might put this up because it was a funny game and because it is a serious problem. I played a pre-move by accident, it was a bad one, when i tried to cancel it made more and more...

please chess.com sort out this problem

Viau_A

I dont get it, whats a pre-move?

eaglex

you can hit back arrow on move list to cancel it

mosskyle

don't try to move the piece back, it will just do another move.  You can right click or hit the back arrow as eaglex said.

mosskyle

don't try to move the piece back, it will just do another move.  You can right click or hit the back arrow as eaglex said.

mijfil

thanks eaglex

mijfil
Viau_A wrote:

I dont get it, whats a pre-move?

A pre-move is in live chess when you can play your next move before your opponent has played his, its the almost the equivalent of conditional moves exept it plays the chosen move whatever the opponent plays.

Because of this is, it is wise to use them as little as possible, only if you have very little time or if you have a forced m8.

ASpieboy

I hope you won that game. You deserve it.

WellRounded
ASpieboy wrote:

QFT.

Daedalus

Just right click on the move and it will be canceled. Smile

mijfil
ASpieboy wrote:

mijfil
mijfil wrote:
ASpieboy wrote:

sorry my computer's bugging up, yes i did win that game

o-blade-o

hehe, the white missed the black queen

J_Piper

Just make sure when you are using pre-move that it is for capturing obvious pieces, such as a trade.  Or if you are beating the opponent by over 25 pts, and you get it so the king can only move two spaces.  I used the pre-move with the opponent 8 times to checkmate and win... So sometimes it can be fun.