Forums

Dislike about chess? Do not post if you don't have official OTB Rating

Sort:
bulletboyz

This guy has a woody for ppl w/ USCF rating.  As if that qualifies you to comment on a subject.    So if my USCF rating was 442, I can post?   LMAO

UltimateCheckmates

My official over the board rating is over 9000.

pawnstogo
bulletboyz wrote:

This guy has a woody for ppl w/ USCF rating.  As if that qualifies you to comment on a subject.    So if my USCF rating was 442, I can post?   LMAO

Would it be better if I had a 'woody' for people with meaningless online ratings?

0random

What I dislike the most is threads like these.

Oh yeah, I have an OTB rating. Oops.

AidinAfsari

I hate the fact that you don't have a "ask to take last move back" option. I've lost many games due to slipping my queen for instance somewhere wrong on my Ipad. It is espacilly anoying when you play against friends. Like even you're opponent wants you to be able to take that move back, but you simply can't. 

Chessislife2013
pawnstogo wrote:

What is it that you dislike most about chess? What is your pet peeves during a chess game?

*** If you do not have an official OTB rating (FIDE, USCF, etc) please do not reply or post on this tread ***

Pardon me, but am I allowed to post? I have a provisional USCF rating.

Zigwurst

I asked the TD of my last tournament and they said that if I joined a tournament before a rating supplement then I would still be paired as nnnn

varelse1

Trolls who start pointless threads on chess forums, just to start flame wars.

(Not naming any names......)

kenksx

Its not much that I dislike Chess. I dislike the names and comments made by people. They should be reported immediatly on Chess.com. 

InfiniteFlash

the coughing maniacs....let me hear what 15 years of cigarrettes have done for you! Laughing

The children screaming with no regard to life while you are playing a game.

An opponent that plays every move instantaneosly.

DrSpudnik
Zigwurst wrote:

I asked the TD of my last tournament and they said that if I joined a tournament before a rating supplement then I would still be paired as nnnn

That TD is an idiot. If someone has an unpublished provisional rating of 1800, then in order to maintain any kind of integrity to the Swiss System pairing rules, that person should be paired against people differently than someone with a provisional 600 rating (who should definitely go below an UNR/NEW player). The main problem with TDs today is that they all depend on computers and stopped thinking and making decisions.

Zigwurst

They just laid out the regulations for me. In the tournament in May he will pair me as nnnn. It's how it's supposed to be done.

DrSpudnik
Zigwurst wrote:

They just laid out the regulations for me. In the tournament in May he will pair me as nnnn. It's how it's supposed to be done.

They can do as they please. As long as they have a systematic approach, they can show that they are consistent in case anyone complains to the USCF. They're probably downloading ratings directly from the USCF's database.

Zigwurst

Exactly.