Forums

How much have you REALLY improved?

Sort:
Immryr

after losing 3 games from strong positions today (two of the from a piece up :I) i foughbt back and broke through the 1400 barrier! i'm pretty pleased with myself, from 900 to 1400 in four months is a pretty decent improvement i reckon. here's to hoping i don't hit "the wall" soon, although i'm sure it will come at some point.

epoqueepique

Playing a great number of vc games (more than 60, which means I have at least 5 or 6 moves to discuss and play every day) has given me the kind of training I needed : seeing patterns faster, being able to play a move without always knowing the "history" of the game (but I can check it if I want to), and of course reading and participating in the discussions. The advice was given to me by a high rated player, and never have I progressed as much.

TheRealPhoenix

I have improved from 900 ish to 1122 in 3 weeks.I think thats pretty decent.Anywas heres what i used -1.Chess Tempo Tactics

2.Chess mentor free courses-FREE Chess Mentor Courses! - Chess.com    

3.Improved my thought process