Titled Tuesday is LIVE with IM Danny Rensch on Twitch and ChessTV! Open to ALL MEMBERS! Click here to watch!
Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

how to describe this kind of chess game ?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #1

morehope

• 3 years ago · Quote · #2

DrSpudnik

planless?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #3

morehope

of course .  i asked for aaw many times  as it wasnot good game but who knows .

• 3 years ago · Quote · #4

CerebralAssassin

hope chess? Tongue out

• 3 years ago · Quote · #5

DrSpudnik

It's a good advertisement for not playing those early Bf4 lines.

White did not seem to have any kind of plan. I looked at it a couple of times and it seemed that White was just trying to develop and got himself into a backward, material down position with pieces on odd squares. Maybe it can be a learning experience. If you play Bf4 early, don't fianchetto your King's Bishop, because it limits escape squares. Maybe h3 & e3 would have been tougher, giving the Bishop a retreat to stay on the h2-b8 diagonal while propping up the center & aiming the other B at the K-side.

Black was no genius, he just played more aggressively against weak pieces.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #6

morehope

like your comment drspudnik  . but i really wanted to draw at the beginning as it was the kind of chess game that i dont accept at all /

• 3 years ago · Quote · #7

DrSpudnik

If you play for a draw with white, you will probably lose.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #8

waffllemaster

Very good for a beginner game, but a bit of an underperformance considering the rating.  Just my opinion.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #9

morehope

very bad performance but i think black is the one who made performance bad as he exchanged nearly all pieces for no advantage at all .

• 3 years ago · Quote · #10

waffllemaster

I only say so for white because he let the d pawn get eaten for no reason and his knights were never really coordinated.

As for the exchanges, I like almost all of them by black.  He's a pawn up and his king got closer for the endgame, so I don't think it was wrong to simplify into this winning endgame.

White got the pawn back on b6 but by then black's king is close enough / bishop vs knight that it's not a walk in the park for white.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #11

morehope

yes i didnot concentrate when i lost the d4 pawn but i think black was afraid to plan . 

Post your reply: