Forums

I see this suicidal sack played a fair amount by 1300+ players - what is it?

Sort:
hhnngg1

I see this suicidal sack played a fair amount by 1300+ players - what is it called?

I suspect it's one of those super-dodgy openings that is highly dubious but against a weaker player, might lead to a big checkmating kingside attack?

Anarchos61

I wouldn't have thought it has a name. It is total rubbish though: not so much a surprise for the opponent but a gift!

Game_of_Pawns

If you genuinely thought that this specific opening might have had a name then you are retarded. If you truely believe that you have seen that "suicidal attack" played a fair amount by various different players then you are retarded. If you thought for a second that anybody who isn't retarded themselves would believe that you have faced this various times from various opponents then you are retarded.

I think that my point is clear: you are retarded.

Sub1000

This cant be real life. Either someone is giving you a handicap by trading a knight for a fast castle, or someone is trolling.

Such a sac cant even be followed up by anything since white has no pieces developed.

Jion_Wansu

This is the best opening for white in bughouse

Sub1000
Jion_Wansu wrote:

This is the best opening for white in bughouse

hahahahahaha

Jion_Wansu

It's true

Diakonia

Its called giving a knight away...unless youre playing bughouse.

wanmokewan

I've had people sac their bishop instead of the knight. I typically win these.

Americu

It's called The Suicidal Sac.

AKAL1
is the only one of these sacs that is actually somewhat sound.
AIM-AceMove

I am not surprised. Even at 1500 level you can do this and win. Being down a piece but black king is not safe, exposed and weak. Not to mention that blitz can be considered at 3 min game. At that time control or at 1 min you can do all kind of crazy stuff and still win. Let me show you an example of mine.

HolyKing

@nilanjana, that was exactly the point Acemove tried to make. You can do anything in fast time controls and still get away with it! (Most of the time.)