Forums

Let's sum it up.

Sort:
winerkleiner
Matthew11 wrote:

"To be honest, this discussion has nothing to do with chess. The main topic is the reasons why some people like to summarize forum treads. And zombies are more relate to that topic than PI. Why are you talking about PI anyway?"

This thread is not about why people sum topics. It's in the declining stage of trolling. I have found that threads that talk about annoying or inconvenient things people do on fourms are doomed to be trolled. First, they do what you are asking them not to do, then otther trolls join in and total choas is next. You see, trolls what to annoy, bother, and start an ordeal, so when a troll is searching the thread list for something to troll, they see someone point out something that a bothers then, so the troll thinks, "I can annoy someone!", and nothing brings trolls better than trolls. The best thing to do: block everyone on this thread.

So let's take all the trolls on this site, put them on a short bus and take a nice field trip, I'll drive! Smile

corrijean

I think you should report them all to the Center for the Management of Irreverent Blathering Undesirables.

corrijean

If you really, truly find the silliness distressing, these are your best alternatives:

1. Stop posting silly topics, since silliness attracts silliness.
  2. Join one of these groups: Anti-Hate-Group   Heavily Moderated Forum  or The-Anti-Spam Group. Post there instead of in the main forums. (All of them look kind of boring to me.)
  3. Block three quarters of the active forum posters on the site. OR
  4. Give up, relax, and enjoy the ride. Admit it, haven't you chuckled at least a time or two in the course of this thread?
trysts
corrijean wrote:

If you really, truly find the silliness distressing, these are your best alternatives:

Stop posting silly topics, since silliness attracts silliness. Join one of these groups: Anti-Hate-Group   Heavily Moderated Forum  or The-Anti-Spam Group. Post there instead of in the main forums. (All of them look kind of boring to me.) Block three quarters of the active forum posters on the site. OR Give up, relax, and enjoy the ride. Admit it, haven't you chuckled at least a time or two in the course of this thread?

+1Wink

mrguy888

Don't send him to the anti hate group.

corrijean

With a deep feeling of sadness, I must report that matthew11 is following the path of #3, blocking most of the funny forum posters.

His forum topics are now doomed to resemble the Heavily Moderated Forum, where nothing interesting has happened since we tried to persuade Windows to make Conquistador his publicist.

kco

oh what the hell, matthew11 you are a twat.

FTLulz
htdavidht wrote:
chessmaster299o wrote:
htdavidht wrote:

. . . blah, blah, blah . . .so I . . . make a fool of my self . . . blah, blah, blah . . . and say something dumb . . .blah, blah, blah . . .like the wrong number for PI.

Pi is . . . blah, blah, blah . . .talking about zombies right now? Blah, blah blah . . . This is a chess discussion. Blah, blah, blah . . .

To be honest, this discution have nothing to do . . .blah, blah, blah . . . zombies are more relate to that topic than PI. . . blah, blah, blah . . Why are you talking about PI anyway?

This really hits at the heart of the matter.  Why is anything to do with Pi (or zombies for the sake of argument) infinitely more interesting than anything even remotely related to the OP?

corrijean

How many movies are made about summing things? And how many are made about zombies? Zombies are obviously more interesting. Even the CDC has a page about what to do when the zombies come, so don't call us frivolous. Laughing

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

kco

Like he say: better be safe than sorry.

FTLulz

Dang, I have to be more careful/direct.  It appears there are those that believed I was actually asking a question.

corrijean

Let's blame it on unclear pronoun antecedents.

corrijean

Or on Decapodians.

FTLulz
corrijean wrote:

Let's blame it on unclear pronoun antecedents.

If that's the same as leaving a few spots where one might need to "read between the lines", "fill in the blanks" or "wonder - is that a rhetorical question?", I'm good with that.

corrijean

All threads on chess.com eventually converge into The Great Skein.

winerkleiner

So to sum up this thread (again) Chess.com and all who post are invited to a potato chip party!!  This summing up is easy.

FTLulz

That's the first time I've seen "The Great Skein" in this thread (I wonder if I should have read the other 13 pages?).

So to Sum up - this thread is toast.

corrijean

The Great Skein, who watches over chess.com:

FTLulz

well, holy crap.  I thought you meant it was close to being "mod - locked".

corrijean

You might be right.