Forums

Magnus Carlsen

Sort:
livluvrok

Who agrees with me that Magnus Carlsen should be on chess.com???

TheGreatOogieBoogie

We aren't worthy. 

waffllemaster

It would be a poor decision to join with his real name and log on regularly unless he wanted to spend 12 hours a day responding to fan messages and declining invites.

If he wanted to contribute articles or analysis of course he could go anywhere and ask as much money as he wanted.  It's not impossible he would come here and produce some articles but it's far from he "should be on chess.com."

Tjornan

Not to mention in the event that he actually joined under a different name he would be constantly slammed with cheating accusations. Also, don't most GM's operate under the supported conclusion that bullet/fast blitz (<3 0) is bad for your chess? 

waffllemaster

They still have fun with fast chess.  Just look at Nakamura heh.  Famous for dominating speed chess on ICC.

Tjornan

Well if you've ever watched play on ICC for blitz (I've seen a few youtube videos, never the real thing), he always ends up with about 2:00 on his clock at the end and he plays openings he wouldn't play OTB ie ... g6 Bb7 Nh6 O-O f6 Nf7 (for the sake of convenience I didn't bother to put the ellipsis repeatedly) 

I put forth this as my only evidence http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJVwJ5m6zkA

Complete domination. I imagine it's not even fun for Naka, I doubt it would be for carlsen. 

waffllemaster

He's loged thousands of games on ICC so I can't imagine it being no fun.  I don't know if he's still there currently.

varelse1

ICC gets Carsen, Moroz and Naka.

Chess.com gets Silman, Rentch, and Finegold.Undecided

But hey, you get what you pay for, right? 

OldHastonian
varelse1 wrote:

But hey, you get what you pay for, right? 

How much have you paid?

blueemu
livluvrok wrote:

Who agrees with me that Magnus Carlsen should be on chess.com???

Non dignus sum.

champ_weller

i thought he did have an account i stumbled upon it a long time ago but i could just be crazy