FIDE Grand Prix Highlights with IM Rensch & GM Krush is LIVE on ChessTV! Open to ALL MEMBERS! Click here to watch!
Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Okay or bad behavior?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #1

Sokrates1984

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 3 years ago · Quote · #2

trysts

I vote for the third option: Silly.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #3

Sokrates1984

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 3 years ago · Quote · #4

Sokrates1984

I just find it is anti chess. Not wanting to move. It is just so much not the way I wanna play, so he got too my mind. Which was the intension.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #5

trysts

Sokrates1984 wrote:

I just find it is anti chess. Not wanting to move. It is just so much not the way I wanna play, so he got too my mind. Which was the intension.

Are you sure he wasn't just calculating his moves?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #6

ivandh

Not everyone can beat a guy who is down a half-hour.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #7

Sokrates1984

Yeah... pretty sure. I mean offcourse he did something. But he spend. 1:30 on 18 opening moves in non tactical opening. And he is a Tactian. My instinckt says he did on purpuse. I also the kind of guy that compliment you under blitz games etc. and talk about how he dosnt now anything about chess. untill he wins.. so is pretty sure..

• 3 years ago · Quote · #8

Sokrates1984

No.. Me either.. He just tricks me with the mister nice guy thing. I have played junior championship. So know about the mind tricks.. Have a long fight against a endgame loving time comsumer tomorrow. Any ideas how to stay patient and sharp in theese positions against theese type of players?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #9

Sokrates1984

I mean when you use to TT. in the 2200 - 2300.. then you brain isn´t really comfortable with working that slow.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #10

ivandh

Here's an idea: don't waste time coming up with conspiracy theories about why they just wasted a half-hour?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #11

XLBass

Less paranoia - more concentration

• 3 years ago · Quote · #12

Sokrates1984

:-)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #13

Sokrates1984

How do you guys use 3 hours on a chess game. I just can find that much to calculate?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #14

Sokrates1984

espially in a non tactical position, where my opponent is playing nest best moves.. It is hard for me to stay sharp.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #15

trysts

Sokrates1984 wrote:

How do you guys use 3 hours on a chess game. I just can find that much to calculate?

Same here. I'm not good enough to be in a position that would use up 3 hours of thinking.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #16

XLBass

Take your ADD meds an hour BEFORE the game

• 3 years ago · Quote · #17

Sokrates1984

I have 1720... Playing in a group up players at 2200.. I just need a system of when to think. I have good intuition. So normally even when playing fast moves a stay in the game... But If I wanna get better patient is the a must. I just find it boring, so need a system to discipline myself.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #18

Sokrates1984

I have. A played a 2050. guy and he draw my winning position. in hes time trouble, because I started playing fast to.. But I am good at blitz chess. I really have to get my time manegement under control!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #19

trysts

I know Tal tells a story about thinking of how to pull a Hippopotamus out of a hole, while it was his turn to move.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #20

Sokrates1984

nice. :-)

Post your reply: