Forums

Scholastic Chess

Sort:
clms_chess

The set of tournaments my middle school chess team plays in is called Polk Scholasic Chess. It is a series of four monthly team tournaments.. Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan... and a Championship Tournament for individual honors in March. There are 4 rounds per tournament.There are 5 divisions: Guppy(K-1st), Primary (2nd-3rd), Elementary (4th-5th), Middle (6-8) and Senior (9-10). To qualify for the Championship tournament, players have to play in at least 12 out of the 16 rounds.

This year, there were almost 700 students registered to play (the Elementary division alone had over 220 players).

Are there any other Grand Prix style Scholastic organizations out there nationally?

If so, how many seasonal tournaments does it include?

How many students are playing in it?

Id like to know how Polk Scholastic Chess compairs with other student chess organizations.

Xxanderman

I Like It

MsJean

:)

clms_chess
MsJean wrote:

Well MsJean... I guess the answer to my 4 month old question is.....  there are no other scholastic chess organizations....lol

Titaniaa
[COMMENT DELETED]
MsJean

A friend of mine said why dont you google it 

http://www.afterschoolchess.net/usa_chess_links.html

USA Chess - Summer Camps, Private & Group Lessons, Tournaments and ...

www.chesscamp.com/ - Cached

USA Chess provides chess activities for children in more than 100 US cities. Activities include a national summer chess camp tour, scholastic tournaments, ...

The United States Chess Federation - Upcoming Nationals

main.uschess.org/content/view/7569/131/ - Cached

The United States Chess Federation ... 2011. US Open 7/30-8/7 - Orlando, FL. National Scholastic K-12 Championship 11/18-20 - Dallas, TX ...

National Scholastic
 Championships 2010-2011

www.nychesskids.com/.../chess.../scholastic.../national-scholastic-... - Cached

2010-2011 National Scholastic Championships. You can find a nice introduction to scholastic chess here: http://main.uschess.org/content/blogsection/27/131 ...

Hot Summer Chess Grand Prix 2011 - Northwest Washington Scholastic ...

northwestchess.info/grandprix11.html - Cached

Hello Scholastic Chessplayers! Flaming Rooks Get ready for summer chess! The 2011 Summer Chess Grand Prix series of tournaments will be held June 28, ...

National Scholastic Chess Foundation

www.nscfchess.org/ - Cached

National Scholastic Chess Foundation. ... The 2010-2011 NSCF Scholastic Grand Prixtournament season has concluded. See the final standings. ...

Scholastic Chess Tournament Schedule - National Scholastic Chess ...

www.nscfchess.org/nscf20102011events.html - Cached - Block all results

National Scholastic Chess Foundation ... NSCF Scholastic Grand Prix ...

Northern California Chess Association

www.calchess.org/ - Cached

Northern California is home to one of the most plentiful chess regions in the ... We have several of the top scholastic players in the United States and a few of ... 07/31/11 (Sunday) Event: BayAreaChess Youth Grand Prix Summer Series ...

The United States Chess Federation - Upcoming Nationals

National Scholastic K-12 Championship 11/18-20 - Dallas, TX ... National Junior High (K-9) Championship 4/27-29 - San Diego, CA ... Reports & Standings pages for Grand Prix, JGP, MAP, top players by state, etc. ...

BTW this is how dead chess is lol

clms_chess
MsJean wrote:

A friend of mine said why dont you google it 

http://www.afterschoolchess.net/usa_chess_links.html

USA Chess - Summer Camps, Private & Group Lessons, Tournaments and ...

www.chesscamp.com/ - Cached

USA Chess provides chess activities for children in more than 100 US cities. Activities include a national summer chess camp tour, scholastic tournaments, ...

The United States Chess Federation - Upcoming Nationals

The United States Chess Federation ... 2011. US Open 7/30-8/7 - Orlando, FL. National Scholastic K-12 Championship 11/18-20 - Dallas, TX ...

National Scholastic
 Championships 2010-2011

www.nychesskids.com/.../chess.../scholastic.../national-scholastic-. - Cached

2010-2011 National Scholastic Championships. You can find a nice introduction to scholastic chess here: http://main.uschess.org/content/blogsection/27/131 ...

Hot Summer Chess Grand Prix 2011 - Northwest Washington Scholastic ...

northwestchess.info/grandprix11.html - Cached

Hello Scholastic Chessplayers! Flaming Rooks Get ready for summer chess! The 2011 Summer Chess Grand Prix series of tournaments will be held June 28, ...

National Scholastic Chess Foundation

www.nscfchess.org/ - Cached

National Scholastic Chess Foundation. ... The 2010-2011 NSCF Scholastic Grand Prixtournament season has concluded. See the final standings. ...

Scholastic Chess Tournament Schedule - National Scholastic Chess ...

www.nscfchess.org/nscf20102011events.html - Cached - Block all results

National Scholastic Chess Foundation ... NSCF Scholastic Grand Prix ...

Northern California Chess Association

www.calchess.org/ - Cached

Northern California is home to one of the most plentiful chess regions in the ... We have several of the top scholastic players in the United States and a few of ... 07/31/11 (Sunday) Event: BayAreaChess Youth Grand Prix Summer Series ...

The United States Chess Federation - Upcoming Nationals

National Scholastic K-12 Championship 11/18-20 - Dallas, TX ... National Junior High (K-9) Championship 4/27-29 - San Diego, CA ... Reports & Standings pages for Grand Prix, JGP, MAP, top players by state, etc. ...

BTW this is how dead chess is lol

Thank you I really do appreciate it. These though are events. I was asking about other scholastic (student) chess organizations that run large monthly chess tournys. But thank you :)

MsJean

*** Then google the clubs on line there are pages and pages of them. so inspiring to see that .

clms_chess

I have... and there are pages and pages.:)

The reason why I posted the question here was to find a chess.com member that is part of another scholastic chess organization. Then we could compare notes.

MsJean