"I see you're playing chest."

Ermagherd

dragonair234
camberfoil wrote:

Awwwww

Tongue Out

dragonair234

Today,

Little kid plays chess with our chess club... "Can the king do this?" And he jumps the king over the pawn, looking at us, waiting for an answer. "No, unfortunately not," one of our club members gently responded. 

SO CUTE!! xD

dragonair234

We had our club's chess tournament yesterday... and there was one beginner who, at the endgame and was already losing, kept saying "Yolo!" after his each move. It was really funny! And he said, "Even chess pieces only live once..." lol...

camberfoil

Dragonair, I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE

dragonair234

(GG!) ^But hope not anytime soon cause I just got back into the 1400s! Let me enjoy it for a few days ;P lol

camberfoil

Where has everybody gone? THIS THREAD HAS NOT DIED!!!

HalfSicilin
dragonair234 wrote:
chasm1995 wrote:

My calculus teacher is good at chess, but he says it's because of his pattern recognition skills, not his math skills.  Personally, I see no relationship between math and chess, otherwise only the math and science teachers would be better at chess than me. (#1 in most difficult math class school provides)

Exactly, so where did the idea even come from that math and chess are related

It has been found that learning math improves one's ability to solve problems and to think  logically, both of which would make a chess player better. 

dragonair234
camberfoil wrote:

Where has everybody gone? THIS THREAD HAS NOT DIED!!!

Camber, two weeks without a post on this thread feels like an eternity, doesn't it? I was hoping I wasn't the only one feeling the withdrawal symptoms of lack of posts here. LOL!!! But seriously. And guys, we've gotta reach 1 million views on this thread. We're so close! And we'll have major bragging rights -- lolz (;

dragonair234
iusegambits wrote:
dragonair234 wrote:
chasm1995 wrote:

My calculus teacher is good at chess, but he says it's because of his pattern recognition skills, not his math skills.  Personally, I see no relationship between math and chess, otherwise only the math and science teachers would be better at chess than me. (#1 in most difficult math class school provides)

Exactly, so where did the idea even come from that math and chess are related

It has been found that learning math improves one's ability to solve problems and to think  logically, both of which would make a chess player better. 

Sure, but let's remember that correlation does not always equal causation. 

dragonair234

I think most of us can relate to this when playing Live Chess:

For example, I was playing a simple 15 minute game, and the guy decides to log off for like 10 minutes of his time after I checked him. The piece I was using to check with was protected, and his king was in the corner, so basically it looked like imminent doom. (I just wanted to make a threatening move before he checkmated me cause he was winning. Stuff non-chess players say LOL I know.) So he logs back on with 2 minutes on the clock and soon after checkmates me. But why'd he have to make me wait so long for no reason. Jerk. lol. 

ErnstStavroBlofeld1

"  How many moves does it take you to checkmate your opponent?"

akafett
dragonair234 wrote:

For example, I was playing a simple 15 minute game, and the guy decides to log off for like 10 minutes of his time after I checked him. The piece I was using to check with was protected, and his king was in the corner, so basically it looked like imminent doom. (I just wanted to make a threatening move before he checkmated me cause he was winning. Stuff non-chess players say LOL I know.) So he logs back on with 2 minutes on the clock and soon after checkmates me. But why'd he have to make me wait so long for no reason. Jerk. lol. 

Maybe he got really excited and had to go to the bathroom.

goommba88

dragonair234 I believe that is call the furry tail defence....

dragonair234
akafett wrote:
dragonair234 wrote:

Maybe he got really excited and had to go to the bathroom.

LOL. He disabled the chat from the beginning so I couldn't have asked, not that I would want to know that! tahahah

dragonair234
goommba88 wrote:

dragonair234 I believe that is call the furry tail defence....

Hi Toad Laughing Yes yes I think you're right hehe I guess he's the one teaching me chess. 

dragonair234

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOBBY FISCHER

chessgm8

Non-chesser when you tell them you play chess: "Oh, wow! Don't you have to be looking like, 7 moves ahead?" 

and...

"What's your ranking?"

Both from personal experience.

P.S. I might have posted this like 50 pages ago, I'm not sure.
P.P.S I have returned! :D 

dragonair234

Welcome back chessgm8! Where did you return from? Real life? lol <_<