Forums

What do you feel about players that do perpetual checks when they are losing?

Sort:
Optimissed
MaryandJuana wrote:
GreenCastleBlock wrote:

If your opponent is able to perpetually check your King, you are in no sense "handily winning." You sold out your King's security to obtain a material advantage.

I had two rooks to his one. He had a knight that was pinned on the back rank by my queen and my bishop was in play to take that knight. It just happened to be that the board was wide open, but my king was never in any danger because he could not move his pieces. He literally had to check me every time or he would have lost.

what a divvy.

Elroch

For anyone who feels the perpetual check rule is unjust, it's worth remembering that there has always only been one way to prove a win in chess - checkmate the opponent. If the opponent can permanently prevent you from checkmating them, you cannot have a win. Perpetual check is such a way.

Chessflyfisher

They are being smart--mic drop!

Laskersnephew

If they have perpetual check available--they are not losing.

hermanjohnell

If your opponent can draw by perpetual check he is not losing.

(Why do people who don´t accept - or understand - the rules of the game play chess?)

Swamp_Varmint
blueemu wrote:

If the opponent has a perpetual check available, then they AREN'T losing.

I came here just to say this, and you already said it.

wondervine

they're very annoying, perpetual check needs to be patched and prevented

Lagomorph
Wolviness wrote:

they're very annoying, perpetual check needs to be patched and prevented

No....dorks like you need to be prevented from playing.

123tigerX

It's annoying but perpetual check is part of the game

MrBurger

Yes, it's part of the game, you should learn to accept it

mpaetz

It livens up the game--someone who launches a speculative sacrificial attack that fizzles out may still be able to draw by perpetual check.

ChessIsFun314159

hey, if you dont like the rules of chess, you can always play checkers!

MrBurger

fr

Kyobir

My most recent game involved me giving perpetual checks.

Elroch

I get annoyed at people for not giving up while I'm perpetually checking them

(Just kidding).

EndgameEnthusiast2357

If you got into a position where they can perpetual check you, you weren't winning. That's called a "drawn position". These troll threads are ruining the site.

Kyobir
EndgameEnthusiast2357 wrote:

If you got into a position where they can perpetual check you, you weren't winning. That's called a "drawn position". These troll threads are ruining the site.

lol