Forums

what's the longest game you've played?

Sort:
grandmaster56

I didn't search that hard, but through 10 or so pages of my archive I found one with 71 moves:

you guys got a longer one?
chessbeginner77

60 moves is my longest game

avian4life

games arent that long for me cuz i suck

gimmewuchagot

i dont keep track!

MapleDanish

Check my latest blog :P.  89 move grind in the gruenfeld vs. a 2100 rated OTB> :)

J_Piper

Over a 100 moves during an online game.

kyska00

83 moves here. OTB I played one game 134 moves in Action (G/30). Only about 75 moves in OTB longer time controls

DMX21x1

78 moves for me against a Mexican guy online, truth is he should have resigned around move 58, all he had was his King and a few badly placed pawns. 

Instead of resigning he kept trying to offer me a draw Surprised, seemingly unaware that I could checkmate him with only rook and king.  After taking every last pawn checkmate was delivered.

I seem to remember over 100 moves against Chessmaster a few years ago.     

trickydarren

In an online game, my longest was 116 moves, which i unfortunately lost.

OTB longest game was well over 100 moves and the game went on for 3 hours, which i once again lost.

Fromper

I believe my longest was 96 moves in a USCF tournament. I ended up drawing from what should have been a won position at the end (queen vs rook, but there were pawns, and one of his was threatening to queen). Earlier in the game, though, the position was dead drawn and my opponent declined my draw offer. I only got the advantage because he insisted on playing for a win to the end.

--Fromper

Ziryab

My database contains more than thirty games that went over 100 moves. It does not contain a one minute bullet game that went 120 moves because I do not save bullet. My longest ever was a game I muffed against my phone, then reaching a drawn position, the Chessmaster software available from my phone service avoided a draw, eventually allowing me to win. After this comedy, I stopped playing chess against my phone.

rooperi

My longest was 102, my opponent didn't know how to mate with bishop and knight.

Ziryab
Schachgeek wrote:

I have several unfinished correspondence games that begain in the late 1980's...my opponents mysteriously disappeared and are probably still in some gulag deep in Sibera, so deep in Siberia they haven't got word of the USSR's demise.

By now you should have claimed a victory by timeout.

rrrttt

mine is 82. It took me forever to mate with queen vs rook

rrrttt

42 moves to be exact

rrrttt

btw, your phone should just sacrifice the rook for the pawn

rrrttt

the world record longest grandmaster game was NN Alekhine. It was 269 moves and Alekhine finally won

Fromper
rrrttt wrote:

the world record longest grandmaster game was NN Alekhine. It was 269 moves and Alekhine finally won

That NN guy just keeps losing to everyone. He really needs to give up and find a new hobby.

--Fromper

Ziryab
rrrttt wrote:

btw, your phone should just sacrifice the rook for the pawn

You and I know that, but my RAZR relies upon a weakened version of Chessmaster and has a mere 1 MB of RAM. My current phone has a faster processor and more memory, but I haven't bought the chess program for it. It works fine as an MP3 player, though. Rather than playing chess during my exercise, I can listen to old Grateful Dead concerts.

David_Spencer

I had a 117 move game, but I have no idea where the score is. The longest game I have (where the outcome was still in doubt until the end, i.e. no playing on for way too long) was in this 82-move crazy endgame against my dad. This was two years back when I was 1400 and he was 1200 (both USCF). It involved three promotions to Queens (all of which disappeared by the end) and would have had a fourth if he had played on for one more move.