Forums

When a pawn passes, there is no funeral

Sort:
falcogrine

So, do picketers from the Westboro Baptist Church visit the funerals of passed gay pawns?

pawnsolo2

awesome

falcogrine

But if the passed pawn becomes a bishop, can they revere and condemn him at the same time?

Knightly_News
pawnsolo2 wrote:

"I didn't mean to make you see red." 

My profile page is black, so red works best for me.

So where is the humorous, ironic, or risqué purpose that conveys a message which would be socially awkward, or even offensive, to state directly?  

Example:When is a passed pawn gay? When it becomes a queen.

"My profile page is black, so red works best for me"

• Yes, but it looks crappy in the forum, and conveys agitation, alert or aggression

"So where is the humorous, ironic, or risqué purpose that conveys a message which would be socially awkward, or even offensive, to state directly?"

• It was a double entendre because cause it had two connotations, one of them ironic (e.g. passed pawn  vs. passed[-away] pawn, wherein a passed pawn in chess is opposite of passing away as in death, but rather is a promotion in life). You're mistaken. You're busting my chops here for nothing, or at least in the wrong way. 

"Example: When is a passed pawn gay? When it becomes a queen"

• That is not necessarily true in modern chess, because in modern societies we see women serving even in the infantry.
Knightly_News

Why don't you start your own youtube channel. I'm sure I'll be a regular.