Forums

Who is world's best chess player?

Sort:
djebah

h

djebah

Anand has been described by Lubomir Kavalek as the most versatile world champion ever, since Anand is the only player to have won the world chess championships in many formats including Knockout, Tournament, Match, Rapid and Blitz.

Pat_Zerr

I am the best chess player in my house.

Rogalentis
djebah wrote:

Anand has been described by Lubomir Kavalek as the most versatile world champion ever, since Anand is the only player to have won the world chess championships in many formats including Knockout, Tournament, Match, Rapid and Blitz.

Ctrl C Ctrl V from Wiki

--------

Garrry Kasparov

Gambitknight

Gotta go with Anand

Pat_Zerr
get_lost wrote:
N2UHC wrote:

I am the best chess player in my house.

So am I

At least it's a place to start.  My wife is just learning how to play and my son is only 1 year old.  But I hope to teach them both everything I know about chess, which shouldn't take more than about 15 minutes.

Conquistador

I see the topic at hand has been answered.  Moving on...

djebah

Anand is current champ...but who do you think is best ever chess player? To me i will say Murphy(the uncrowned world chess champ).lol

Ladycharmed1990

Botvinnik must be the best player. he beat all the best player at the time and was world champ for many years. then he trained 2 of the best young players of there days . Karpov and Kasparov its sad because a lot of young people just look at todays players. Anand is good but as got to go a long way in chess before he is called a great.also Kramnik.Topalov. andthe young Dane will also be there. we will see in the next year or two who comes out on top

PrawnEatsPrawn

The question is posed in the present tense i.e. "is". Botvinnik has passed on, so fails to qualify.

Anand seems to be the best at the moment, very difficult to beat in tournaments and untouchable in match-play.

Ladycharmed1990

the dane will be the best give him a year.

PrawnEatsPrawn
Ladycharmed1990 wrote:

the dane will be the best give him a year.

Agreed, Carlsen is the future but one year won't be enough.... he backed out of the current candidates cycle, so will have to wait a few years to get a crack at the title.

p.s. Maybe we're talking about different people... Carlsen is Norwegian.

PrawnEatsPrawn
get_lost wrote:

Kasparov

Oi! stop using my avatar!

Imposter!

Paul-Dyba
Ladycharmed1990 wrote:

Botvinnik must be the best player. he beat all the best player at the time and was world champ for many years. then he trained 2 of the best young players of there days . Karpov and Kasparov its sad because a lot of young people just look at todays players. Anand is good but as got to go a long way in chess before he is called a great.also Kramnik.Topalov. andthe young Dane will also be there. we will see in the next year or two who comes out on top

Paul-Dyba

Ladycharmed1990, who is the young Dane?

blakeyboy30

Magnus Carlsen

blakeyboy30

[COMMENT DELETED]

SimonSeirup

Of course Anand, since he's the World Champion.

PrawnEatsPrawn
NN28 wrote:

nope,it's Toppalove

The affectionate Bulgarian?

PrawnEatsPrawn
NN28 wrote:
PrawnEatsPrawn wrote:
NN28 wrote:

nope,it's Toppalove

The affectionate Bulgarian?

Yep(what's so affectionate about him btw?)

Whoooosh!  Laughing