Forums

Why do some players accept live challenges and wait for the server to abort?

Sort:
chessbeginner77

I cannot figure out why some players accept live games and wait for the live chess server to abort the game.

I can understand if a player accidently clicks on the challenge but how do you explain it when it happens three times or more with the same player.

chessbeginner77

That's strange. Almost all of my opponents who wait for the server to abort have a live rating of 1500+ and have excellent connections.

frankee

i experience this regularly, and it happens for a number of reasons:

1. they didnt get white (or black if that was the color they wanted, but all of my consecutively aborted games seem to happen when i have white)

2. you are lower rated than they are. most people would like to play with those who are slightly stronger than they are

a. they dont know how to set their seeks to only include players with their desired rating

3. see above, slow modem

4. again they didnt get white

chessbeginner77
frankee wrote:

i experience this regularly, and it happens for a number of reasons:

1. they didnt get white (or black if that was the color they wanted, but everyone seems to want to play only white)

2. you are lower rated than they are. most people would like to play with those who are slightly stronger than they are

a. they dont know how to set their seeks to only include players with their desired rating

3. see above, slow modem

4. again they didnt get white

If they don't want to play someone rated lower than themselves. Why accept the challenge in the first place? Despite my current rating I can play at the 1400 level or higher (see my best wins). I set my seeks at 1300+. In the worse case scenario a player accepted my challenge and aborted ten times in a row. (This was before the fair play policy was implemented)  

frankee

yes but it seems that theres alot of people that dont realize that they can also ser their low end seeks also. i always set mine to at the very least +1 and +300

chessbeginner77
chrisr2212 wrote:

you're better off just finding another game.

Off-topic: I play checkers and sudoku occasionally.

I do not want this to become a spam thread.