Forums

Can I get premium for recommending friends?

Sort:
NextLvL

If, how do I do this? I ask because I'm the President for my Univerity's Chess club this year and wish to recommend them to this site. And thought I might as well get some benefit from it, I know other sites have this feature but just wanted to know whether they had it here.

Thanks.

rooperi

Yeah, I think there is some referal reward, It's a month's membership for each annual signup, I think.

But then I could be totally mistaken too.

erik

you get one month for every yearly subscriber. thanks!

TheGrobe

At the same membership level at which they subscribe?

erik

hrmmm.... good question! i don't remember :D

kohai

No, its one month gold if the person you refer pays for their own upgrade (so doesn't apply if they use free trial).

NextLvL

Hello, thanks for the info. One further question: how do I actually refer them? Is their a special link I should give them so it identifies them with me so I can get the reward? Or do they need to type my name is somewhere when buying premium?

Thanks

Grandpatzer64
LostTactic wrote:

Hello, thanks for the info. One further question: how do I actually refer them? Is their a special link I should give them so it identifies them with me so I can get the reward? Or do they need to type my name is somewhere when buying premium?

Thanks

When he/she signs up they will have a space to fill out. It will ask how you found out about CHESScom. Tell them to choose the option " A friend showed me " or something like that and then to put your CHESScom name when they are asked who this friend is.

EternalChess
erik wrote:

hrmmm.... good question! i don't remember :D

LOL 

ElizaLulu
Grandpatzer64 wrote:
LostTactic wrote:

Thanks

When he/she signs up they will have a space to fill out. It will ask how you found out about CHESScom. Tell them to choose the option " A friend showed me " or something like that and then to put your CHESScom name when they are asked who this friend is.

You can do it that way, or you can also get referral links from the widgets page.

Saber4

My friend told me about it (Oceanwalker) But I had forgoten his user name and he  didn't get a referral trophyEmbarassed

NextLvL
ElizaLulu wrote:
Grandpatzer64 wrote:
LostTactic wrote:

Thanks

You can do it that way, or you can also get referral links from the widgets page.

Thanks buddy, that's exactly what I was looking for, specifically the plain text referral link.

Thanks to everyone who replied as well!