Forums

Fair Play Policy

Sort:
Sossitch

I made a fair play policy for myself, and that is if someone drops a piece and lets the whole clock run out, I just resign. Why should I be prevented from playing just because there are so many jerks on this site? My rating hasn't even gone down since I started doing this, go figure.

hemant_sharma

i m hemant sharma mai fair play policy ko followe karunga

Rancho_La_Ballona

Chess.com claims it can distinguish between accidental disconnects and intentional ones.  I doubt this claim.  I was playing with an iPad and it kept losing the signal, the result being several abandoned games.  I'm sorry about that, but it was clearly accidental, not intentional.  Chess.com, however, immediately sanctioned my account.  So they clearly CANNOT tell the difference between accidental and intentional.  Their claims otherwise are either an exaggeration (accidental), or simply a falsehood (intentional).

BronzePawns

Several times when I've had a winning position, my opponent has abandoned the board- seemingly out of spite to make me wait around 5 minutes before being declared the winner. What happens when they violate Fair Play in this manner?

864aditya

how do we accept open live games?

Markle

There is no fair play policy, I have repeatedly reported an opponent in a  game for abusing vacation time to intentionally stall when he is 1 move from being mated and nothing was done I am left with waiting 10 days for his vacation time to run out. Yes I will get the win but do not tell me there is a fair play policy that is enforced when people can do this and nothing happens to them!

adamhaikal2019

ggj

Ashram22

I’ll happily be playing a game and then it ends by the other person winning in a time out!

i don’t understand 

Ashram22

Also, why is my account have some sort of restriction on it regarding sportsmanship?

i have done nothing to warrant that,

stadj

IS Kohai still in chess.com? He is a very friendly staff since 2009. :-)

G30rg3C05tanza

How can one get their account permanently closed?  This happened to a friend of mine.

mercatorproject

Cheat a little is one way.

G30rg3C05tanza
mercatorproject wrote:

Cheat a little is one way.

Okay.  What else?  FYI if he cheated I'll never live that down.

G30rg3C05tanza

Thanks