Forums

Puzzle of the day and mentor won't load??

Sort:
Kevevin

The puzzle of the day board won't load and when I try to open chess mentor the board shows another unplayable board sitting on top of it. I can play live games fine and i've updated and checked java, and also tried reloading. Does anyone know what to do. I want to become premium but if i can't fix this theres no point. If anything in this msg is unclear please tell. Thank you!

kco

which browser are you using and is it updated ?

shepi13

The older versions of IE have some trouble with chess.com. I would try using chrome.

Kevevin

I've tried it in firefox, IE and Chrome and they all have the same issue. I've used mentor on a friends computer and it was awesome so I really want it at home.

kco

so what is the different between your friend's computer and yours ?

Kevevin

Can't remember what my mates comp is, mine is a dell laptop.

Richard

Try use Chrome again, but this time ensure its the latest release of chrome, and also clear all the cookies and cache, see if that helps

Kevevin

my chrome is up to date and i've cleared the cache and cookies. but it still doesn't work. maybe its my comp. thanks for all the help everyone.

The_Chess_Ninja

My puzzle of the day and mentor is working perfectly fine. Maybe you should  restart the computer? Or, it could be the Java.

Kevevin

It turns out that i thought my chrome was upto date but it wasnt. and now that its updated everything works fine. thanks again for all the help everyone. much appreciated.