Forums

Mate in 3

Sort:
funkmanofmusic
Seareads

Nice! Great combination, looks like Black might have gotten the better of you if you hadn't been paying attention. 

Hope you got permission from your opponent to post his name on the game though, otherwise I would not have listed his name.

funkmanofmusic

Before black took the pawn on g4 with the rook, I was thinking to myself why doesn't my opponent take the pawn, it's game over. After the pawn was captured I had one more look before resigning. Thankfully I saw the detail in the rook and knight working together.

Seareads
funkmanofmusic wrote:

Before black took the pawn on g4 with the rook, I was thinking to myself why doesn't my opponent take the pawn, it's game over. After the pawn was captured I had one more look before resigning. Thankfully I saw the detail in the rook and knight working together.

So totally ignored the bulk of my comment...but you should seek permission to post your opponents name. If you did not get it, than change your post.

If you lost, would you want your game splayed across the forums?

funkmanofmusic

Mate to be honest I'm on this site to learn and share chess related knowledge, I didn't realise there was this kind of etiquette you speak of.

It wouldn't bother me if my name was splayed across the forums if there was merit to the post.

I will remove names from any further posts, just for you my friend. :)

Seareads

Oh geez mister thanks a bunch! 

Learn the etiquette. No hard feelings my friend.