Find a way for white to mate in 3 moves

mattattack99

Why not Mate in 1?

mattattack99

And this is not legal!

marilizeit

this puzzle is broketarded.

justcallmesir

! - the editor for position is crap - you need a back button to correct mistakes rather than keep starting from the begining (the pawn on f7 is not meant to be there).  Also the moves I programmed are not here - another anoyance. 

I think this crap is not woth the effort to get what you want on the system. 

I am not going to bother correcting the picture or getting the interactive bit working - view the position with out the pawn on f7.

sAviOrOSL

easy! without the pawn it's 1. Re8 Rxe8 2. Qxe8#

justcallmesir

it is very similar to the solution I wanted to show.  Thanx.

justcallmesir
justcallmesir wrote:

it is very similar to the solution I wanted to show.  Thanx.

My solution starts with Bd5. The animation program anoys me - so I am not going to show it.  But you clever people can work it out.

Torkil

1.Bd5 Rdf7 (1...Rff7 2.Re8#; 1...Rxd5 2.Qxg7#) 2.Re8 any move 3.Qg7# is indeed mate in three.

Another possible solution is 1.Re8 Rxb7 (1...Rxe8 2.Qxe8# has already been mentioned; 1...Rdf7 2.Bd5 brings us back to the line above) 2.Qh8+ Kxh8 (2...Kf7 3.Qxf8#) 3.Rxf8#

1.Re7 does not work: 1...Rxe7 2.Qxe7 Rf7 and there is no mate next move, although White will still win.

stm01

done

joedman

that was too easy!

joedman

White to move in the original? Check!

PaladinIsBack192

Hmm, white to win in 1.

Pawn takes King!

turn

Simple and plain. And nice.

j_brodu

Illegal position as black is in check, but even if it were legal,it is checkmate in one - Qg7#

Lord-Chaos
therobz wrote:

Here is what I believe to be the solution:

Rf7 DOESN'T work, no matter what you say =P i think anyway.
and JustcallmeSir, the animation puzzle thingy is quite rubbish i agree, but its doable to me, you just gotta get use to it. theres a back button, its called delete move. and yes you can't edit the puzzle... so you can't take away the f7 pawn. again something i have mentioned tons of time that chess.com needs to fix.

vargoal

easy mate in 1 why 3?

justcallmesir
Lord-Chaos wrote:
therobz wrote:

Here is what I believe to be the solution:

Rf7 DOESN'T work, no matter what you say =P i think anyway.
and JustcallmeSir, the animation puzzle thingy is quite rubbish i agree, but its doable to me, you just gotta get use to it. theres a back button, its called delete move. and yes you can't edit the puzzle... so you can't take away the f7 pawn. again something i have mentioned tons of time that chess.com needs to fix.

Your delete move bit might be correct - but once u have clicked 'Continue' or what ever it is called - so u go on to the options page etc - there is no back button.  So if u go off the board set up page and there is a mistake - it is a pain to change it.