Forums

Why no computer analysis in chess960?

Sort:
wjcsz

Why no computer analysis in chess960?

wjcsz

I mean that ,you see,when you finished a game,there is a "computer analysis" ,   but why is not available in chess960?

Mchuzz

Could it be because of the initial piece set up? Maybe there is a algorithmic problem for analysis engines because of the random piece set up in chess960.

I'm not sure but this would be my best guess!

Monicker

There are analysis engines which support chess960.  It would be nice if such support were integrated into this site.

ParadoxOfNone

It is an issue with castling. I have been looking into an engine GUI combination that has no issues in analysis and everyone I have tried all have some sort of error...

The rest of the Fen/PGN coordinate system for the different piece configurations is fine...

Monicker

Arena GUI with Stockfish and other chess960 compatible engines works fine.

ParadoxOfNone
Monicker wrote:

Everytime I look at the analysis, it errors after castling...

Monicker
ParadoxOfNone wrote:
Monicker wrote:

Don't know what to tell you.  I haven't run into that issue with the configuration I described.

ParadoxOfNone
Monicker wrote:
ParadoxOfNone wrote:
Monicker wrote:

Don't know what to tell you.  I haven't run into that issue with the configuration I described.

Can you show me your configuration and a copy of the analysis page, after castling has occured, in multi pv mode ?

Mchuzz

Just on a side topic, and as a philosophical conversation starter, is it even desirable to have analysis in chess960 (Fischerandom)? It's my understanding that Fischer developed his random chess idea in order to get away from analysis and deep theory.

By the way I understand that the modern player, particularly the amateur, would want analysis, I'm just wondering why!

ParadoxOfNone
Mchuzz wrote:

Just on a side topic, and as a philosophical conversation starter, is it even desirable to have analysis in chess960 (Fischerandom)? It's my understanding that Fischer developed his random chess idea in order to get away from analysis and deep theory.

By the way I understand that the modern player, particularly the amateur, would want analysis, I'm just wondering why!

While I also love the idea that there is no opening book or database, I would also like an objective way to conclusively tell if my opponent cheated me...

...If I knew that there was an ongoing effort made to stop cheating in 960, I would probably stop playing rated standard chess and only play 960 for a rating.