Forums

Welcome to the Tournaments Discussion Forum

Sort:
rooperi
rainychess wrote:
Hi again.(im a free member) One more question: Now im in a tournament with 7 other person that one match of me remain.now,can i participate in official tournament of 1400to1600 rating or not? Thanks.

If it's an official chess.com tourney, yes.

If you're not sure, just try to join, if it allows you, you're ok, else you will get a message that you're over your limit.

rainychess

hi.thanks for ur reply.

i registered in it successfully, i just thought maybe at beginning they remove me because im free member.but with ur talk i can play in this tournament.

again thanks.

bye.

Kacparov

no, they won't remove you, official are unlimited

Evpator

сan i play tournament-live???

mustafa75
salam
Tetris-Will29-30

Hey competitors... Just was wondering. How do the Tournament official make up the standings & rankings. What do one consider?

jadenkiuma

hey everyone im new here and i wanted to compete in the up coming tournament but it turns out i must have 5 online games completed. how do i found out how many online games i have completed and how many i have before i can compete? 

Bsandres

When will tournament games resume?

sandeepreddy4

are u having any plans regarding live tournaments?? they make more fun and perhaps attracts even more people to this site..... 

and could u tell me wat r tournament points for?

justinW78

i am currently in fifth on the quick knockout 1200-1400 tourney 7-0-0 im pretty sure i will win one more though i will prob lose two my question is do i advance to round two? or could i still not make it?

Tetris-Will29-30

so does anyone answer questions here... or are we all just asking. Still haven't had mines answered & haven't seen anyone else here had their questions answered or am I missing something??

Martin_Stahl
Tetris-Will29-30 wrote:

so does anyone answer questions here... or are we all just asking. Still haven't had mines answered & haven't seen anyone else here had their questions answered or am I missing something??

Well, this topic really isn't the place for questions. The forum is and if you started a new topic you might get some answers.

Tetris-Will29-30

Oh I see... more of a debate & chatting forum here

Martin_Stahl

Well, this particular topic is just the welcome topic to the forum. That's why it is stuck at the top. Some people do answer questions in it, as can be seen from reading the posts. However, you are less likely to get answered in this topic than you would be by posting a new topic within the forum itself.

Tetris-Will29-30

Good to know... I'm eventually going to make a forum myself. Thanx alot. Hows the tourney going for ya?

Martin_Stahl
Fezzik wrote:

How can I tell whether a tournament is an "official chess.com tournament"?

I believe they all have a pawn icon

Martin_Stahl

You also can filter on official tournaments when you are looking at the whole list.

Martin_Stahl

Yeah, I think newest set started recently (in the last month maybe). I was interested in one of the thematics but my current time/move was too high. Just keep an eye out.  I think they come out periodically.

rooperi

I think Official tournaments start on the 1st of every month. They alternate between thematic and normal, I think.

Sufshikun

Hi Jay -

I have posted my subject thread in General Discussion and Site Feedback/ Suggestions forums but couldn't get any response as yet.  I am pasting the said link for your review and comments  http://www.chess.com/forum/view/general/groupteam-tournaments.