14373 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Backgammon, Yatzy, and more!
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
1. Play Economy Chess using the software
Download the currently available software (v1). This is the first version of the software. Version 2 is currently being built. See below for details on how to play other people using the software.
2. Play Economy Chess on the board
There are two ways to play the game on the board:
1) use the online timer application - works in any browser and on any smartphone- requires internetconnection to open the page. After opening the application works without being connected to the internet. - you also need a chessboard + 2 sets of pieces and a tokens (can be printed or use tokens from other games)
2) Use the print and playTo play Economy Chess in real life you'll have to take a couple actions:- download the Print and Play documents and print them out- get a chessboard + 2 sets of piecesSet up the pieces normally and place a marker of your color next to every piece. Use the scoresheet to keep track of the economy. It does take some time to note down.
3. Join the ladder (ongoing tournament) to test your skills
When the next version of the game is released, a ladder will start. Its a tournament where you can join and leave any time. Try to climb the ladder by defeating others. Players of various ratings have signed up!
Please note:Economy Chess v2 is an offline desktop game. You can play Economy Chess against others in several ways:- With a friend sitting behind the same computer (local game)- Correspondence Chess: email or message your opponent a move. You can save and load your active games.- Play a 'live' game. Go to a chatroom or use a messenger (e.g.: facebook messenger or this group's chatroom) to communicate real time. You'll have to send each move manually.
* Unfortunatly you can not: - play on a live server, like here on chess.com- play against a computer AI
New ideas of EC variants
by ElKitch 2 years ago
Had a fun game? Post your moves here:
by DefinitelyNotGM 2 years ago
Economy Chess Ladder Tournament
Online Scoreboard App for OTB play
Print and Play
---- Economy Chess v2 TEST Forum ----
Want a game? Challenge someone here!
by ElKitch 3 years ago
I want to play Economy Chess! How?
FAQ - questions about Economy Chess v2
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2015 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!