kubda, kid_of_chess, and James8 super-adminship removed

• WindowsEnthusiast
  • on 1/3/12, 7:45 PM.

I have removed kid_of_chess, kubda, and James8 from being super-admins, because James8 has been inactive for a very long time (wayyy more than 90 days) and kid_of_chess and kubda did not earn the position.

0 votes

Comments

WindowsEnthusiast

That has many technical complications, but, yeah. If Chess.com doesn't, we will. I'm going to propose a new rule regarding this in the forum.

BigOto

While this isn't exactly a Windows-based group, I can see them trying to be annoying so now that they have all been demoted it should be safe, thankfully nothing was deleted. In the future there should be a rule that super admins (and normal admins) must stay active on Chess.com.

WindowsEnthusiast

I'm going to de-admin Robson91 because he hasn't logged in since January. This was probably by kubda or an account hack. After all, kubda is a Linux-lover (you see the obvious conflict?).

BigOto

The question is whether or not the changes were made before then, Kubda and davidwj are also very suspicious but they both were either accidentally put in their positions or someone was messing around with their power.

WindowsEnthusiast

James8 has not logged in since July.

BigOto

James8 was highly suspicious a while back because he "returned" shortly after a long period of inactivity about a year ago, and seemed to have put some people in a super admin position. It could be anyone though...

I have certainly been gone a long time to not notice this stuff, so it could have happened at any time unless people remember when they first saw anything suspicious.

WindowsEnthusiast

Can you give any specifics?

BigOto

I think I know who was vandalizing and they were removed. I will reset the profile picture and in the future admin positions will be MUCH more strictly monitored. I think it is also a good idea to bring this group back to life as a forum game/team match/vote chess group so I have started inviting members again.