How To Watch Karjakin vs Nepomniachtchi Speed Chess Today
An all-Russian battle awaits fans in the quarterfinals of the 2017 Speed Chess Championship today, as the last world-championship challenger is now the favorite to advance in the bracket.
GM Sergey Karjakin, who lost to Magnus Carlsen in the 2016 world chess championship, will match up with the fellow Russian GM Ian Nepomniachtchi for the right to move on and possibly face Carlsen in the tournament final. But first these two blitz chess specialists will have to duel each other in what should be an excellent match for chess fans.
Click here to find 10 a.m PDT in your own timezone.
The following viewing options will be available:
- Twitch.tv/chess: the official broadcast with IM Daniel Rensch and GM Aman Hambleton (English) -- watch here to see the Twitch chat.
- Chess.com/TV: watch here to see the Chess.com chat.
What to do before the match starts?
- Read Peter Doggers' recap of yesterday's thrilling MVL-Grischuk quarterfinal.
- Look over the 2017 Speed Chess Championship bracket again.
- Read about the rules, match-ups, and prizes for the event at the official Speed Chess Championship page.
- Get hyped for the event by watching our promo video.
After the match, the Speed Chess Championship resumes with an all-American thriller as Hikaru Nakamura faces Fabiano Caruana on Nov. 2.
Plan ahead with the full schedule here.