How To Watch Nakamura vs Caruana Today: Speed Chess Champs
It's the top-rated blitz player on Chess.com against the number-one classical chess player in America today as Hikaru Nakamura takes on Fabiano Caruana in the quarterfinals of the 2017 Speed Chess Championship.
These two players have long been fan favorites, and their clash in the Speed Chess bracket has been one of the most highly anticipated matches in online chess. With $3,000 in prize money and the chance to face Sergey Karjakin in the semifinals, a lot is on the line in this battle.
Click here to find 10 a.m PDT in your own timezone.
The following viewing options will be available:
- Twitch.tv/chess: the official broadcast with IM Daniel Rensch and GM Simon Williams (English) -- watch here to see the Twitch chat.
- Chess.com/TV: watch here to see the Chess.com chat.
What to do before the match starts?
- Check out some quick Twitch clips made by Chess.com's viewers of their favorite streaming moments in the Speed Chess Championship and more.
- Look over the 2017 Speed Chess Championship bracket again.
- Read about the rules, match-ups, and prizes for the event at the official Speed Chess Championship page.
- Get hyped for the event by watching our promo video.
After the match, the Speed Chess Championship resumes on Nov. 18 as the world champion Magnus Carlsen tries to defend his Speed Chess title with a quarterfinals match against Wesley So. These two players need no introductions.
Action for the Carlsen-So match begins Saturday, Nov. 18 at 10 a.m. PST.
Plan ahead with the full schedule here.