Forums

encountered first tilt after reaching 1800

Sort:
dwsky2022

I reached 1800 just one day before my surgery, and after my surgery I've been losing games and right now Im only 1700+. Maybe it was tilt, maybe my mind hasn't recovered from surgery...Idk...this thing is weird. 

Although I lost a lot of games today, I'm happy that I can still play good games. Played this game almost perfectly but lost on time. (Curious though, does anyone here have similar experiences - losing games after surgery?)

propane-dream

Didn't have surgery but experienced something similar. Been going through a stressful and tough time these past few weeks and noticed it has been affecting my games. I mostly play daily games and have had lower patience, less motivation to calculate, and blundering at a higher frequency. I think it is completely natural to experience things like this, especially after a big life event like that. 

lakenorman

I am only a beginning 700 rated player, but I think it is best not to play too many games and to take time  away to study, do puzzles, play the computer

lake norman

kaid13

I peaked 1350 in blitz one day and tilted so much( cause I was tired) that my rating is 70 points lower.

BossBlueberry4

Haven't seen something like this after surgery, but that may not be the only issue. With myself, most losing streaks come during tilts, and the best thing to do is stop and do something else. For me, that is at 3 losses in a row. One day, I lost 50 points, then took a break, worked out, and gained them all back. Mindset is a big thing. Second, openings. If you don't already use openingtree.com, you absolutely should, because it shows your trends in openings. For example, in your case, In the last 2 weeks, you have gone 4-12-2 (wins-losses-draws) vs d4 openings, so maybe try semi slav, benoni, or kings indian setups. Also, against the Caro-Kann, you have been 0-5-2, so maybe try the advance variation, the panov attack, or the fantasy variation. This website helped me remove the sicilian and benoni from my repertoire, and I switched to the Caro and Nimzo, which are just better for me. Hope this helps! 

JuniorS-B

I haven't had surgery.  Can't tell.  Had a teammate who played a tournament day after he had his wisdom teeth removed.  He was slightly worse than when fresh.

BM_BlunderMaster90

Same thing happened to me, minus the survey. I got 1800 then tilted awfully.

lakenorman

what is a "tilt"??

BM_BlunderMaster90
lakenorman wrote:

what is a "tilt"??

When your rating goes down a ton.

Luigi4011

If you had anesthesia then that is known to affect cognitive thinking skills.