Forums

Halesowen Supersquad 2016/17 Season

Sort:
DBowcott

It's been a while since I posted here... in fact, I really haven't, but have decided to increase the activity of this the live site. Especially given that we are now the best team in pretty much the Midlands. Certainly, Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Worcester. Perhaps we should move into the Coventry league next and conquer that one too. Probably be too much though, we already have to run two nights at our glorious location The Lighthouse so that we can play the many games we already have to play.

We've also only had one defaulted table this season and, as luck would have it, the opposing team also defaulted the same table so there was no harm done. In fact it led to the Junior Dudley Division 3b's first result of the season. They got the bug because they then won their very next match giving them 3 points and lifting them off, albeit momentarily, the bottom of the table.

We're on target to win most of the leagues, having already won Wolverhampton with Worcester. and Birmingham in our sights.

In terms of the other divisions, we're still on target to win Dudley 2 with a second in Dudley 3. We've won Wolverhampton division 3 with promotion also secured from Division 4. So we'll have a team in every Wolverhampton Division next season. In Worcester 2, we're on course for a first and second finish. The Birmingham Division 2 team have done brilliantly this season finishing mid-table. Considering their target is to simply survive they've done amazing this season and far better than expected. Birmingham 5 is still winnable.

So that's it for now. Stay tuned for more updates. I'll also be uploading games and would love to get hold of other members' sheets so that I can put them up with analysis if you want to share the sheets with me.