Forums

2012 Round 3 Section A

Sort:
DaveShack

Here are the round 3 pairings.  First team challenges second team, with match parameters: 3 days/move, 2 simultaneous games, 5+ players.  Good chess to all!

Challenge Lock  
Date Date Match Name
11/6/2012 11/11/2012 TMC2012 R3 SFRJ (Once Brothers) vs Adults Only Group
11/6/2012 11/11/2012 TMC2012 R3 Croatian Chess Temple vs ALL UK

11/11/2012 11/16/2012 TMC2012 R3 ALL UK vs SFRJ (Once Brothers)
11/11/2012 11/16/2012 TMC2012 R3 Adults Only Group vs Croatian Chess Temple

11/16/2012 11/21/2012 TMC2012 R3 Croatian Chess Temple vs SFRJ (Once Brothers)
11/16/2012 11/21/2012 TMC2012 R3 ALL UK vs Adults Only Group
blackfirestorm

Do we have a date when to accept by Dave?

DaveShack

Accept dates are 2 days after challenge dates.

NICU_57
[COMMENT DELETED]
dandi_krokodil

Croatian Chess Temple vs ALL UK

blackfirestorm

My apologies we are all locked up and started now

blackfirestorm

Still not received the challenge from UK Group shall I send it to them Dave or just wait for the forfeit?

Coopah

You should probably send it to them. They didn't send any of the last round challenges and I don't think the admins even know they are still in the competition.

blackfirestorm
MarijaSM wrote:

We play vs ALL UK .  You need to be challenged until 11/16/2012.

Yes which is tomorrow by my clock. If they are not going to send out the challenge then I would be within my rights to claim the forfeit but I would rather play the match and win over the boards

NICU_57

Claim the victory by forfait Innocent

DaveShack
MarijaSM wrote:
TMC2012 R3 ALL UK vs SFRJ (Once Brothers)  

We are locked from 11/16/2012, and the opponent does not want to lock. The time  to  lock has passed. What to do?

http://www.chess.com/groups/team_match?id=194978

Have you tried to contact the admins?  That would be the suggested approach if you want to try to get them to play it.

As for how a forfeit works, it works the same way as an OTB tournament would, you need to actually claim it.  The TD then confirms things (ie looks to see that your team is currently ready etc) and either accepts the claim or not.

blackfirestorm

I will message them first and if get no reply I will claim the win

The_Chess_Ninja
MarijaSM wrote:
TMC2012 R3 ALL UK vs SFRJ (Once Brothers)  

We are locked from 11/16/2012, and the opponent does not want to lock. The time  to  lock has passed. What to do?

http://www.chess.com/groups/team_match?id=194978

Sorry, I haven't read my notes for a while. I have locked..

The_Chess_Ninja

Another thing is that I can't reply to any notes without getting my account closed.... so I'd recommend messaging instead.

blackfirestorm

http://www.chess.com/groups/team_match?id=198434

Adults only vs All UK group

blackfirestorm

Dave now that we have started this match can we lock the match on Monday evening please?

DaveShack

You mean the challenge was just accepted?  Lock dates can be adjusted to 3-5 days after accept date, preferably with agreement from both teams.

blackfirestorm

Yes I contacted the other teams admin and arranged for them to send the challenge which was accepted last night hence why I posted the link in here. I will ask them if Monday evening lock is ok?

The_Chess_Ninja

Ok, I've agreed to that. We will lock at Monday evening. Any specific time?

blackfirestorm

All done :)