Forums

Chess Up 2 board I coming out!

Sort:
JBabkes

I suspect that the appeal of electronic boards is greater for players rated 1000 and below. I do not know if players significantly higher rated are as interested in owning one.

Rsava
JBabkes wrote:

I look at the situation from the prospective of the purchaser of an electronic board. If I cannot rely upon a 100% stable direct link between a site and the board, it does not emotionally satisfy me that manufactures tried in good faith to offer one but were not able to.

"Does not emotionally satisfy"

That explains so much about your posts.

Facts do not care about your emotions.

Good-bye.

JBabkes

It seems Rsava my posts have emotionally upset you. That was not my intent when discussing the history of electronic chess boards.

chessmaster_diamond

While I appreciate the functionality, I do not like the $15 Temu-style appearance:

https://playchessup.com/en-eu

Why does it have to look like a cheap toy?

Rsava

I think it is like that due to the audience it is aimed at.

And WOW! That is incredibly expensive for the Chessup 1 (which is that link).

JBabkes

Rsava I see in your notes that you intend to leave chess.com. Is it because you have experienced difficulty playing with your various electronic boards on this site?!

chessroboto

chessroboto

Rsava

Thanks @chessroboto. I had seen the N & B Mate video, had not seen the other.

This board looks very promising. Glad I got in with the Kickstarter.

chessmaster_diamond

Certainly looks better than the first generation. More appealing to adults.

Mando

Can't wait until it arrives!

Mando

Hey guys! I'm an admin in the Chesssup club. Here's the link:https://www.chess.com/club/chessup-1

Please join! Thanks!

ICE38700

How to get the reduction?

JBabkes

I got interested in chess in 1986. Back then most of the dedicated chess computers looked like the chessup2

chessroboto

Three weeks old now but still worth a look of a working unit

chessroboto

Two weeks old and much longer demo

DeJeanGambit

What a scam. Bought the Chessup 1 board as it was advertised as a way to learn via lessons. That was three years ago. Still waiting and they come out with a new board. Highly dissatisfied and disappointed. Doesn't seem to be any loyalty to the customers that Kickstart ed their campaign.

DesperateKingWalk

That price is over the top. For a plastic board and pieces to play on Chess.com.

There are better options in plastic and wood at the price.

JBabkes
DeJeanGambit wrote:

What a scam. Bought the Chessup 1 board as it was advertised as a way to learn via lessons. That was three years ago. Still waiting and they come out with a new board. Highly dissatisfied and disappointed. Doesn't seem to be any loyalty to the customers that Kickstart ed their campaign.

In hindsight It would have been better to buy a Diamond membership at chess.com to learn chess than to purchase a chessup1

JBabkes
DesperateKingWalk wrote:

That price is over the top. For a plastic board and pieces to play on Chess.com.

There are better options in plastic and wood at the price.

Which electronic boards connect directly by wifi to chess.com without using a phone or app and their instabilities?