Forums

The Block Bypass Thread!

Sort:
EndgameEnthusiast2357

Use this thread to quote any posts and users that blocked you and reply to them here, to evade the block. Feel free to post links to the original thread and any ither relevant info, and I will never block anyone here, and dint currently have anyone blocked. Blocking is absurd, as it accomplishes nothing anyway since people just take it over to other threads to resume arguing where the OP didn't block them. Literally 2 people can both have each other blocked and still both be arguing with each in a thread where neither is the OP. The purpose of this thread is to protect free speech and show how pointless blocking is, as long as all posts still remain in the site's terms of service. Enjoy!

cooldood5555
Okay I feel like people will respond to things on my forums a lot lol
Temporary_Closed-backsoon

I agree on the no blocking. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, if someone is actually being toxic and trolling then chess.com will deal with it lol is my take. I do not plan to ever block someone

cooldood5555
Okay. Please don’t be rude on my forums and I’ll unblock u endgame

"Rude" opinions are still valid and worth debate. If you feel strongly about something someone says, state why you disagree and debate on it. In a friendly manner if possible.

--yet another unpopular opinion by kit

Sir_TrashPanda
Kit_Raccoon wrote:

--yet another unpopular opinion by kit

I think you meant to say "logical and rational opinion."

cooldood5555
Semi logical and rational
Sir_TrashPanda
Kit_Raccoon wrote:

"Rude" opinions are still valid and worth debate. If you feel strongly about something someone says, state why you disagree and debate on it. In a friendly manner if possible.

@cooldood5555 Just because someone disagrees with you that doesn't equal being rude. Two days in a row you made a new thread saying that you have to go. I think that is pointless and only clutters up the forums. You could have said that in one of the 20 threads you have made in the last couple of days. Am I rude to have that opinion?

cooldood5555
No
Also I will stop
cooldood5555
Apologies
Sir_TrashPanda

Sorry if I seem too harsh or blunt. I'm working on it. I'm not used to communicating with youngsters.

EndgameEnthusiast2357
cooldood5555 wrote:
Okay. Please don’t be rude on my forums and I’ll unblock u endgame

Fair enough, but I still will never block anyone regardless of how rude they get or how much they spam/troll.

Ziryab
Sir_TrashPanda wrote:

Sorry if I seem too harsh or blunt. I'm working on it. I'm not used to communicating with youngsters.

Spend more time on the forums here and you’ll get use to the youngsters, some of whom are old and gray.

EndgameEnthusiast2357

I'm 23.

Ziryab
EndgameEnthusiast2357 wrote:

I'm 23.

I knew you were young. Your name shows that you have some good priorities.

badger_song

I'm confused as to why anyone wishes this dirt clod to be the hill you chose to die upon. Opinions don't matter at all and are unworthy of respect. Good arguments, however, should be respected, if one is intellectually honest, if not well then, they can be ignored as well. People get so bent when their nonsense gets called out, and the forums are full of nonsense. Seriously, it's a complex world/universe, how many topics can a person know so well that they would stake their reputations-- one, maybe two? Yet here, almost everyone is an expert, and most argue every little pointless detail,( I must be right, I must be smarter) rather than admitting that they are clueless wind-bag. There are many active threads right now, that even a casual examination show to be full of pontificating D-bags. If the contributors of this thread want it to be worthwhile, then make an effort---decide what you can agree on first, then tackle what you can't....or, if thats too much effort, be gass-baggery posers talking over each other and sounding like angry mosquitos.

EndgameEnthusiast2357

So far I haven't had anything to attempt to refute yet while simultaneously being blocked. This is just an all purpose thread for other people to use since I'm the OP and no one else can block anyone in here. Which is why if blocking exists at all, it should be thread specific, the OP should have to block the other person in specific threads, not automatically blocked from any future threads the OP creates, which may be totally unrelated peaceful, chess topics for example.

Ziryab

Although likely hard to implement, thread specific blocking is a good idea.

Most of my blocking is game related. I understand why it does not prevent pairing in tournaments, but I wish it at least applied to arena. It is disheartening to play the same cheater a second time an hour after reporting them.

EndgameEnthusiast2357

I didn't even know blocking applied to games, thought it was communication (chats, messages, forums..etc).

This forum topic has been locked